Loud Fan New RMBP all ram used?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bilalo, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Bilalo macrumors 6502

Hello
    I have 16 GB of ram and Ive read somewhere that there are some kind of faults on some rMBP that the fan get maxed out a few minutes every hour even if nothing is running. I left my mac open and nothing was open and the fan suddenly just becomes loud. I open Memory Clean and only have 20 MB of Ram Free whereas I have 8 GB wired and like 2gb in use and the others dont know what. What is the fix for this? Once I use clean memory it becomes 3 gb free instead of 50 MB so any suggestions? Returning it isnt feasible as Its been 2-3 months now and I didnt care to think it was a problem in the beginning. And I have too many things on the mac to even think of redownloading and doin everything again.

Thanks

2. GSPice macrumors 68000

GSPice

OS X memory does not need to be "cleaned". If there's an apple store nearby, tell them the issue.

Besides that, I believe you're looking for a fix for a problem that doesn't exist.

3. Pinksteady macrumors 6502a

Pinksteady

Look at the load graph in the middle. That is Macericks' reflection of memory usage. As long as it's in the green, you're ok.

Don't know about the fan thing, but the rMPBs are very fan heavy generally.

4. commac macrumors regular

Mavericks likes to hold onto as much ram as possible even on low loads so that shouldn't be an issue. Fan blazing for no reason is odd. Maybe check activity monitor for CPU usage. Could you have an app on in the background burning things up? Or maybe a temp sensor is loose. Try out the "istat" demo and see if your temps are high.

5. john123 macrumors 68000

john123

This. When you have a real problem, you'll know it. Specifically, you'll get a very annoying dialog box that says, "Your system has run out of application memory. To avoid problems with your computer, quit any applications you are not using."