Loud lock/unlock sound after watching video

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kmj2318, Mar 29, 2012.

1. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

Has anyone else had this? After watching video in the videos app, the lock/unlock click sound is super loud. Even with the sound turned all the way down. The only way I can get it back to normal is to play some music or something from Youtube.

What I realized is that the sound of the lock/unlock click matches the volume level of the videos app. However, even after quitting the videos app, the sound doesn't go back to match the general volume level unless I use the speaker for something else.

2. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

I noticed after updating to ios5 every now and then I get a super lock sound..very loud

So yes both my iPad 2 and 3 do it even with the volume down very low.

3. paul117 macrumors regular

i notice this after using siri... it doesnt last long but siri for excample would prob be louder so people can here then the volume will go back afew minutes after using it.... it happens on the keyboard too after using siri, ive noticed it afew times after using facetime or watching a video on my ipad 2 aswell.

4. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

The locking sound had always ever so slightly irritated me. Thank goodness it can be muted in Settings>Sounds (scroll down, right above Keyboard Clicks).

5. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

+1. Annoying, but figured it was just a glitch.

6. SteveJobs2.0 macrumors 6502a

As I mentioned in another post, this is most likely due to iOS 5.1 feature that turns up the volume for movies and tv shows. However, it appears that there are issues with the volume returning to normal levels once you finish watching the movie. Not sure how things such as this do not get caught by QA, but anyway.

7. Bheleu macrumors 6502

Sound Effects... it's an option...

Settings
    General
    Sounds
    Change with Buttons (ON) & OR Adjust Ringer and Alerts

If you enable change with buttons, then outside of any program that has audio playing, using the volume controls allows you to change the loudness of sound effects such as clicks, ringers, alerts, etc. Or just slide the Adust Ringer and Alerts inside the menu above to lock it into place there.

8. kmj2318 thread starter macrumors 68000

kmj2318

Thank you:D

9. Bheleu macrumors 6502

Very welcome, I keep mine adjustable as my wife has a habit of "paging" me at work. It's embarrassing with a loud alarm at full volume, better to keep her nearly silent. I bump it up at night though so I wake up on time.