Loud Spacebar Key

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LeonAnderson, Nov 23, 2008.

1. LeonAnderson macrumors newbie

Did anyone else notice the spacebar key is not "as well padded" as the other keys. When I type -- all the other keys on the spacebar make relatively no sound whatsoever, whereas the spacebar is obnoxiously loud.

I'm on a late 2008 mbp 2.5ghz.

2. kousuke18 macrumors regular

I am pretty sure all the unibody mb/mbp are like that cause that is one of the first things I noticed when I went to a local applestore to check them out. The trackpad and the spacebar had abnormally loud sounds when pressed, I guess that's just how they were designed?

3. LeonAnderson thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok.. You think if they pad all the other keys, they would pad the spacebar as well.... My lenovo keys are all pretty loud when struck, but at least all the keys produce similar sounds.

4. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Weirdest complaint I've ever read to date!

I've found with everything keyboard/laptop I've used (be it Mac or PC), the space bar is always louder than the other keys...

5. hari-bhari macrumors regular

mine is loud as **** to the point where im scared to type in the library. its so annoying. im gonna go into the apple store and check out the others ones. if they are not as loud im getting a keyboard replacement.

6. 7even macrumors 6502a

Mine's a bit loud too. I had a keyboard with a squeaky spacebar before.. now THAT is true annoyance ;)

7. eddyhttp macrumors regular

i believe that this a legitimate reason to gripe about. i've owned many laptops and used them in a classroom settings. the sound of the keyboard does sound different from the rest of the keys and is really annoying. I mean if i never noticed this before in other laptops and now on this 2.5k laptop then that is an issue.