Loud vibrate

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xdbuix, Nov 5, 2013.

1. xdbuix macrumors 6502

I have an early Gold 5s 32gb ATT. Basically, i notice one day my vibrate was louder than it was before. I thought i was being paranoid at first, until my coworkers and my girlfriend noticed it as well. It gets really loud when I start messaging on fb, etc. I compared it to my gf's gold iphone. I notice it's much more subtle. Mine sounds rough, almost as if the vibrator motor is loose or something.

I took it into the apple store and the the vibrate is "within specifications." Any other ideas I can do? It's that annoying for me, esp with such a new phone.

Thanks guys!

2. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

I'm iP5 had loose volume buttons and when it vibrated was loud. Does your phone rattle when you shake it?

*Hold on tight when you shake it lol:p

3. xdbuix thread starter macrumors 6502

when i shake the phone itself, i can hear the sleep/wake button going up n down. even holding that down, isnt helping.

It just suks being told "it's within specifications" when I know for sure it's much more rougher and louder.

4. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Yea I've been told that also and drove 2 hours to be told lol... I've been on both sides of the spectrum though and I'd rather have a obnoxious loud vibrate than a weak one;)

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I would never drive 2 hours for a shaky power button or worry about it as much as some people here.
    There's way more important things in life and better things to spend my time on.

6. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

My reason for driving 2 hours wasn't solely for a shaky power button is was the DANG VOLUME BUTTONS!!!

Just kidding. My brother lives near the apple store but the geniuses didn't need to know that;)

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Lol:D
    You should stay there an additional 15-20 minutes next time to test out every single thing before you leave to make sure you get a perfect iPhone.
    Some of you guys act like you're buying a house or its the most important purchase of your life. Its just a cellphone.
    Use it, stop obsessing over it and within a year or so you will upgrade to a newer one anyway.

8. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Nothing is perfect:p. You almost sounded like my gf for a second cause she makes me put my phone across the room when I get into bed:apple:

9. xdbuix thread starter macrumors 6502

good point.

I actually did test out my phone. This recently came up out of nowhere. Honestly, u got a perfectly valid point, hands down. On my end, I was half worried something was wrong/broken, esp with a slight rattle. At the same time I was a little irritated about how loud the vibrate got randomly.

I'm just going to go ask for a second opinion at another apple store.

Thanks guys!

10. xdbuix thread starter macrumors 6502

I was able to get it swapped out at another apple store. Just to clarify, I did have alot of apps crashing, the phone randomly restarting, and the vibrate issue.

It was a real headache, but this new phone, no problem so far! :D