Love 3- and 4-finger gestures, but...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by parish, Jul 16, 2012.

1. parish macrumors 65816

parish

My old MBP has the old-style trackpad (separate button) so only supports 2-finger gestures. When I got my rMBP I'd forgotten that it supports 3- and 4-finger too - until I investigated why it was doing seemingly random things, like Mission Control suddenly appearing. :eek:

Now I've got them figured out I'm loving them, makes things so much easier, but there's one thing I don't like. When using 4-finger left/right swipe to switch desktops/full-screen apps, is there anyway to make it cyclical? By this I mean if, for example, you have 4 desktops and you are on 1, swiping 3 times right-to-left gets you to 4, but to get back to 1 you have to swipe 3 times left-to-right. Anyway to make it got from 4 to 1 by swiping right-to-left one more time?

2. simsaladimbamba

Maybe have a look at BetterTouchTool, but as you use Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, that feature, cycling through from Space 4 to Space 1, might be gone, as it is working for me in Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.

3. Compton macrumors member

4. parish thread starter macrumors 65816

parish

I've got Magic Prefs installed - I looked at BTT but preferred MP. I'll see if it has the same functionality.

Thanks. I'll take a look.