Love and Praise for the new iPhone!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iViking, Jun 21, 2009.

1. iViking macrumors 6502

I posted this in response to someone else's post and thought I would make my own thread of it, as others mostly likely agree. Please chime in.

The iPhone is not just a cell phone.

The iPhone is a huge advance in technology. The price is steep, but then you realize it's not just a phone. In fact, phone use seems archaic in comparison to all the other uses of this "phone."

I held out for the longest time--wanting the most basic cell phone for ten years with no gadgets or anything--just needed a phone, but the iPhone is not a gimmick like some fancy phones out there.

It is not a fancy phone--it's a whole new approach to communication.

Because some of the apps are simplified for the iPhone, it makes some things even easier to do on the iPhone than they are on a computer--except word processing.

If it weren't for the need to type papers and edit media, I think we could do most of our business and fun on the iPhone.

So, the expense is there, but it's worth it, and buyer's remorse most likely falls to the wayside after you start using your iPhone, (happened to me), even for those who don't feel they can afford it.

Once you start using it, you begin to feel like you can't afford to not use it.

Now that's a good product.

2. macintosh.apple macrumors 6502

3. iViking thread starter macrumors 6502

No kidding! I am two years late! I've been holding out with a crappy phone on Verizon for years now, feeling free and safe from a contract.

Contracts are inevitable, though.

It's like for renters. Sometimes they like the month-to-month lease option, but end up staying there for years, anyway.

Bottom line is that even though I could not have cared less about every new phone that came out and each new addition or gimmick to them, now that I have an iPhone, it is already full integrated into my life.

Now back to the Cubs game that I'm listening to on my new iPhone via MBL.Com's app...

4. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

I agree. I think the iPhone is a good example of how Apple does things. It seems like everything is well thought out. I was a bit skeptical when it was first annouced. I remember thinking , "why in the world would a computer company even want to be in the cellular phone business?" All in all, it turned out better than anyone expected especially since they have listened to the users and allowed things like third party applications and exchange support.

I don't think Apple even knew where it would go when it was first released.

5. newyorksole macrumors 68030

Yeah honestly I can't see myself with any other phone. The iPhone 3G is amazing as is all iPhones.

No other phone/device has captured so much of my attention as my iPhone is.

6. 2259 macrumors member

Is your last name Jobs? ;)

I agree with all you said mind.

7. iViking thread starter macrumors 6502

Allowing the open source programming for apps is one of the best things they could have done--it allowed every nerd programmer's, (<--I consider such nerds with respect, not condescension), ingenuity to fan the flames of iPhone's usefulness and overall success.

8. trssho macrumors 6502

I agree completely! The iPhone is the single most complete technology ever implemented for the consumer. I bought my first cell phone probably 10 years ago, and thought then that it should include a music player. I did not imagine then a tool as complete as the iPhone. This thing make sci-fi from the 60's look archaic! How bout a communicator from Star Trek?

As far as form factor, the iPhone is PERFECT! If it were any smaller, the screen would be not as functional for browsing and game play. If it were bigger, it would be unweilding and uncomfortable.

9. GFSarah macrumors regular

GFSarah

Indeed. :)

I got the original iPhone a month or so after it came out. I wasn't thrilled to fork out so much money on one device, but I needed to replace an old-school palm pilot that I mainly used for calendar, calculator, reference, etc stuff because it was completely dead (wouldn't power on unless plugged in) and I knew I wasn't far from having to replace my cell phone. I decided to grudgingly buy one of those ridiculous Apple phones that all of those crazy people were raving about. I didn't necessarily want one of those, but decided it was my most economical option (replace two devices and possibly a third device with one single device). I decided to suck it up and buy one.

And I haven't looked back! I was in love with it in less than a week and I can't imagine my life without it! I have become one of those people I once thought to be crazy because I have seen the light! I was even one of those crazies who stood in line on Friday for my pre-ordered 3GS just because I was that excited. Seriously, I don't know what I ever did without this thing.

As a side note, it was my immense satisfaction with my iPhone that led to the purchase of my MBP. I was "in the market" for one last summer but knew that there was likely to be a revision soon, so I waited and got the new Unibody when it came out in October. I fell in love with it, too, and have never missed my Windows PC days. :)