Love Apple Care!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by npep, Feb 13, 2010.

1. npep macrumors member

I have an early 2008 Macbook Pro that I have had a few problems with, nothing major, but aggravating none the less.

Two days ago I made another appointment at the Genius bar to have the top case replaced and the battery replaced. See the details below...

The first issue has been the battery. This is my third battery! Crazy, not sure if it is me or the computer. The Genius replaced it with no questions as the utility program that they run said it was bad. He then said that they could do an analysis on my machine if it happens again to see if it is a hardware issue. Frankly, I think it is me as I use the battery a ton!

The second issue was a little more of a problem. The top case is actually separating from the bottom case on the left side and it was beginning to spread across. I had brought my machine in for the same problem in the past and was told it was cosmetic and Apple wold not fix it. I left thinking I had gotten a bad Genius who was having a bad day and would try again at a later date.

When I took it in a couple of days ago, the Genius was extremely helpful! Not only did he get the top case replaced, but he also had the bottom case replaced as well as the found the real problem with a bottom case defect.

I should have expected this service the first time, but I am pleased! It is nice to know that Apples warranty is useful and well worth the cost for me. It is so nice to have a machine that not only runs great, but looks great as well!

2. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

Sounds like you received a nice service. I have similar machine to yours and so far I only needed to replace the battery. No questions asked in my case also. I'll be getting AppleCare for my 17" MBP as well.