iPhone Love iOS 7, but the CALENDAR is AWFUL

ncsmith4

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 15, 2007
For seven years I've used the calendar and dots on the days to see when I have commitments. Now, in month view this is no longer the case. And when I tap on a date, I'm taken to a full screen of that date. I can't quickly tap around in the month and quickly see what I have going on.

This is a serious step backward in useability vs aesthetics. I VERY MUCH hope this is reconsidered. :confused: :(

ucfgrad93

macrumors P6
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
For seven years I've used the calendar and dots on the days to see when I have commitments. Now, in month view this is no longer the case. And when I tap on a date, I'm taken to a full screen of that date. I can't quickly tap around in the month and quickly see what I have going on.

This is a serious step backward in useability vs aesthetics. I VERY MUCH hope this is reconsidered. :confused: :(
Agreed. Hopefully, it will be fixed before it is released in the fall.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Agreed. I bought Fantastical ($5) yesterday because I really like the dots and the month+list hybrid view; it's a good app if you're looking for something better than iOS7's stock calendar. Of course it would be nice if Apple would just fix their app ... :)

ncsmith4

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 15, 2007
Does Fantastical sync with iCloud? I'm kind of addicted to my iCloud syncing iCal...

(...even though I know it's not called iCal anymore. Haha)

WhackyNinja

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2012
Kissimmee, FL
I didnt get a chance to play around with the Calendar app as much as I did with the other stock apps. So I dont know what to tell you. Its looks appealing but idk. I'll check it out when Beta 2 comes around.

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
The stock Calendar has always been a bit rubbish anyway, so I can't imagine this or Mail will be vastly different.