Love ios, but these 3 things drive me insane

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Newjackboy, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Newjackboy macrumors 6502

1. When I watch a podcast (using the official podcast app), I can get landscape view when I turn the device. When the podcast is finished and I back back to choose my next podcast- I cannot get landscape view. Always happens. Manual fix is to go back to the podcast list and re click the same podcast- then turn the device.

2. When streaming to my Apple TV using airplay, I can never predict if the airplay will continue when I change apps or when the device goes to sleep. Sometimes it continues to work, other times it cuts off. Can't explain this.

3. When I'm in the mail app, and then go out of cellular coverage, I get about 12-14 individual error pop ups- that mail cannot be retrieved etc. (I do have about 10 emails linked, but a single overall message would be much better). Again, these message alerts all have to be manually clicked.

Any ideas, fixes?

2. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

#2 is dependent on the app you are using ... some apps allow (or have settings to enable) background play which is needed for Airplay to work when you are not in the app. (Example, Protube/Mctube,AVPlayer etc)