Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tl01

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Well... There must be something different between the iPad mini I saw in the store and mine. The difference between the mini and my iPad 3 is not nearly as noticeable on my three minis as it was on the display model. I love my iPad 3's retina display... And was bummed about the minis but I got them anyway and I'm really surprised! The screen is great and the form factor is awesome!! Even reading print in safari is way better than I thought it would be. I've had all iterations if the iPhone and iPad (except the most current ipad) and have seen the screen progression so I was shocked apple wouldn't give the mini a retina display.. But it isn't such a big deal! Now.. Will I keep my mini or get the new one when it comes out;).

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
Grats on the new Mini. It really is a great device. I've used mine daily since launch day and I'm still impressed.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Well... There must be something different between the iPad mini I saw in the store and mine. The difference between the mini and my iPad 3 is not nearly as noticeable on my three minis as it was on the display model. I love my iPad 3's retina display... And was bummed about the minis but I got them anyway and I'm really surprised! The screen is great and the form factor is awesome!! Even reading print in safari is way better than I thought it would be. I've had all iterations if the iPhone and iPad (except the most current ipad) and have seen the screen progression so I was shocked apple wouldn't give the mini a retina display.. But it isn't such a big deal! Now.. Will I keep my mini or get the new one when it comes out;).

Curious what 3 Minis you got. There has been talk that some displays seem better than others. I thought so myself looking into it somewhat in an Apple store comparing a white versus black mini. Folks mention the bezel and that is understandable but there may be something more to it. Sure seemed a bit different to me for the better.

nerdybooboo

macrumors member
May 1, 2012
West coast PST
i agree. I got a mini as a gift. And 'we' have been inseparable ever since. I use the tablet mainly for browsing the net, reading, & etc.
The screen resolution is actually not bad at all!!! I am impressed.

My 4 is tucked away somewhere in the closet now. :p:apple:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
My Mini goes with me just about everywhere I go. Its a great tablet, the only thing I can knock on it is the lack of LTE. I may opt to sell this and take the plunge for an LTE equipped mini

tl01

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Curious what 3 Minis you got. There has been talk that some displays seem better than others. I thought so myself looking into it somewhat in an Apple store comparing a white versus black mini. Folks mention the bezel and that is understandable but there may be something more to it. Sure seemed a bit different to me for the better.

We got two 16gb wifi units and one 16 GB Verizon unit. The one I tried in the store was a 16 GB wifi unit. I'm please with all three of mine.

pommie82

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2011
uk
I'am really enjoying the mini experience i take it every where with me and use to several hours a day its a great little device to have at hand. I use my mini more then i use my 9'7inch iPad i just prefer it for reading and things and just use the 9'7 inch iPad for watching movies on and that it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.