Love Letters?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by furious, Dec 5, 2007.

1. furious macrumors 65816

furious

Ok, I meet this girl who is amazing. I would like to writer her a love letter. Yes, I have fallen head over heals for her.

I have never written a love letter before and was wondering, using the anonymity of the internet, how would I go about this? What do I say? How do I say it? and most importantly how do I hand it to her?

I have a habit of using the most blunt way to get my point across. I am pretty sure this would be the wrong way to go about writing the letter.

Help?

2. calculus Guest

calculus

What do you want this letter to achieve? How old are you and under what circumstances did you meet her?:)

3. furious thread starter macrumors 65816

furious

We meet through college. She is leaving and I just want to let her know how much she improved my life over the past 5 months.

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

A love letter?

Oh my goodness. I advise you to just write a normal letter. Either write her a normal letter, or do nothing.

5. calculus Guest

calculus

Are the two of you 'going out' or have you just been admiring her from a distance? Maybe you could just send her a leaving card and tell her you'd like to see her again sometime.

6. furious thread starter macrumors 65816

furious

Ok, I will write her a normal letter. Either way how?

We have gone out several times and we have coffee or ice cream several time a week. She does not feel the same way about me. Everyone of her friends have made that clear. She ask me out more than I ask her out though. Like a ratio of 5:1. And she approached me first. I was not even aware she existed until she asked me if I would like to have coffee with her?

7. AndyClarke macrumors regular

AndyClarke

Well just tell her what you just told us in more detail though. Thats all. Don't get other people to tell you what to say or it will not really be a letter from you. There is no such thing as a LOVE letter but rather a letter that lets somebody know how you feel and how special they are to you. Thats all you have to do.

Your other option is take her out for something other than coffee and ice cream, try Tequila! Get her drunk (if she has any attraction to you she will tell you then), bone her and then say goodbye. You will have more fun that way trust me.

Good luck with what ever path you chose to take!

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

If you really loved her and wanted to express it, you wouldn't be here asking for advice. Of course, that's only my opinion pulled out of my arse. Are you in love or in lust?

You could always go here. Google is your friend.

9. furious thread starter macrumors 65816

furious

It is really only lust.

I will use the advice for good only. I have no intention of taking advantage of her when she is drunk. I have more respect for myself than that.

10. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

I've received a couple and both weirded me out to a quite significant degree.

It's not like I can talk, I propositioned the first of my partners over AIM while we were sitting in the same room, luckily we're both very blunt people.

11. heaven macrumors 6502a

heaven

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.50 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.0.9751/209; U; en))

So why do you want to write her a letter in the first place? Did you already express your feelings to her directly? How did that go?

12. AndyClarke macrumors regular

AndyClarke

Just because she asks you out for coffee does not mean she fancies you at all. In fact it might mean that she thinks your safe (or gay) as you never show your feelings to her. Also when I said get her drunk I did not mean to get her unconscious and then have your wicked way with her. But for the both of you to just chill out and speak the truth. She might have a few drinks and then laugh and say 'You and I together, are you kidding!' at least you know where you stand then. Don't waste your time on one girl that may or, probably in this case, is not interested as while you do that so many other beauties are passing you by!

Maybe her friends all fancy you and they don't want you to hook up with her. The best thing to do is to just ask her.

Maybe we do things somewhat different in the UK but at your age you should only be thinking of enjoying life and not falling in love with the first bit of skirt that buys you an ice cream and a coffee.

13. furious thread starter macrumors 65816

furious

Thank you everyone. I got the reality check I so badly needed.

14. heaven macrumors 6502a

heaven

Great post! :D I second that!

15. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

I have had this happen before ;) it could be just the quiet one you never really talked to...my opinion go with what you think..don't listen to friends that got me in a lot of trouble once, and now I only listen to what my heart and head tell me..no more of my friends deciding what is best for me. Sometimes that is just bad news.

16. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

DON'T write a love letter. She'll probably let her friends read it and they'll laugh. You need to keep at least a little sense of mystery about your feelings. If you fully commit to her she have no reason to pursue you.

17. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

Use 'heels' properly, if you write it in the letter.

18. furious thread starter macrumors 65816

furious

I think I will just give her a Christmas card with a little message like:

"I enjoyed our time together. If in the future you want to catch up I will be all ears. XO"

or something.

19. AndyClarke macrumors regular

AndyClarke

Thats sounds really sweet. But maybe she does not want your ears furious!!!

Guys think most girls want to be treated like sweet innocents that have no idea what they really want, when in reality girls are just like us boys and want to have fun. And that means a good hump now and then! Seriously we do not live the 1800's girls want the same as guys and lets face it you want to hump her I am sure or you would not want to take things further. Just tell her how you feel and get your answer one way or the other. I bet you will be surprised at her answer!

I used to have a rule we lived by, never fall in love and if you ask 100 girls for a shag statistically at least one will say yes. Usually the big fat ugly friend of the one you really want but hey sex is sex!

20. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

Perfect. :)

21. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

22. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

"Yeah baby, YEAH!!!" "Shall we shag now, or shag latah?!"

23. Sptz macrumors regular

There are so many self centered *******s here, who think they are the best and are not as geek as they are...

God.. why don't you just help the guy out ... seriously...

Dude, do whatever you want, write her a letter, write everything that comes from your heart, just sit down and start writing, you'll see that it comes along :)

24. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Exactly...just try to "mac" her the old fashion way...you don't want her friends looking at weird :)

Bless