iPad mini Love my 2 but now feels like a lump since the mini

Discussion in 'iPad' started by richardmu, Nov 16, 2012.

1. richardmu macrumors 6502a

I've had my 2 since launch day and use it every day.

Returned the 3 as it felt clunky in comparison and the retina screen did not make up for the additional heft for me.

Picked up a mini white 32gb the other day and am slowly beginning to prefer it to the 2. Slightly improved screen because of the smaller size and the overall form factor is unbeatable.

I recently bought a Kindle Fire HD and am very impressed. Excellent vibrant screen a good tablet for the price. Better sound than the mini.

However, the mini just oozes quality and slickness. Something intangible that puts it above the rest. The 'Apple' factor!

If you can afford it get a mini now and then get the mini 2 which hopefully will have the retina screen and faster CPU.

2. jschu22 macrumors regular

Not that I was asked, but I agree with this. While I wasn't immediately blown away by the mini, as I usually am with a new Apple product, it is still a great device. Ive been out of town since launch but have a 3 back at home so I can't fairly measure which one I will use more. I suspect that the 3 will get sold since its doubtful I will have much use for it given the convenience of the mini.

3. richardmu thread starter macrumors 6502a

On reflection I decided the WiFi only mini was maybe not the best choice for an iPad that is going to be out and about in the UK.

Packed it up to return tomorrow and have ordered a cellular from the online store for delivery in about 2 weeks.

Called the Apple store first to check the stock situation and it is so iffy they even suggested I order online. They have no idea when the cellular versions will be in store!