Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
bought APP as my beatsx died, and its night and day, I love my APP. I don't that uncomfortableness of having my beats round my neck under my shirt when not using them, battery life is suddenly not an issue because of the case and despite the little cotton bud I feel less conspicuous wearing one.

however the one annoying thing for me is the lack of volume controls, when you are listening to music and suddenly the next song is too loud or quiet and you are walking along the street, then your choices are to use your watch (easiest but not everyone has one), loudly say hey siri turn down the volume, and look like a weirdo, or take out your phone.

since its already possible to treat the two buttons left and right separately, in terms of setting one as siri and one as noise cancelling, why cant you set one to be pause/next song/last song with clicking, and the other to be pause/volume up/volume down?

yui4

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2011
Should just be a software update required. The Sony wf 1000xm3 buds didn’t come with volume adjustment initially but a software update later on brought that functionality.

Lyn2012

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2007
I would really appreciate a software update that lets you skip forward or back 10-15 seconds instead of tracks. I don’t have music just audiobooks so tracks for me is useless.

Reactions: DeepIn2U

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
when you are listening to music and suddenly the next song is too loud or quiet

For the time being, to avoid the sudden changes in volume, you could try “Sound Check” in Apple Music Settings - it equalises the volume of your music.

I would really appreciate a software update that lets you skip forward or back 10-15 seconds instead of tracks. I don’t have music just audiobooks so tracks for me is useless.

Yeah that’d be handy. For now you can just tell Siri to “rewind 10 seconds” etc.

On a somewhat related note, I just noticed you can change the default skip times in settings - from 5 to 30 seconds iirc. Appreciated that!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.