iPad Pro Love my iPad Pro smartcover and rear shell combo

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Sir Ruben, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

was horrified to discover that the iPad Pro smartcover overhangs the iPad. Received my clear rear shell today why is TPU rather than hard plastic. Looks great and the grip is fantastic. As an added bonus the smartcover now looks like it fits perfectly.

Case was £4.99 from eBay and I love the way I can fully appreciate the midnight blue and gold colours.

Attached Files:

2. lyngo macrumors 6502

Link for the eBay link on that back cover?

3. Sir Ruben thread starter macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

4. lyngo macrumors 6502

5. Sir Ruben thread starter macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

There isn't but the smart cover attaches over the shell and fits perfectly

6. lyngo macrumors 6502

So the magnets work perfectly along the hinge?! That's welcomed news.

7. Sir Ruben thread starter macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

Yes the magnets of the Smart Cover pull themselves onto the iPad even with the tpu shell attached

8. lyngo macrumors 6502

I just ordered one for the USA. The alignment on your pictures looks good. So, just making sure that the cover itself is the Apple Smart Cover? The back is a TPU cover without a specific cut out for the apple Smart Cover.

9. Sir Ruben thread starter macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

Yes the cover is from Apple and the rear is 3rd party with no cutout, the smart cover magnets attach through it. Really happy with how it looks.

10. lyngo macrumors 6502

Thank you for all the updates and pictures that you posted on this discussion thread.

11. Mr.C macrumors 601

Personally I don't like the flexible TPU cases like this one. I prefer the hard polycarbonate ones like the MoKo one which is what I have. The polycarbonate ones offer more protection but don't that much more bulk.

12. artfossil macrumors 6502

artfossil

I got the Apple silicone case specifically because it's more protective of the display (has a lip) and the corners, which makes it more valuable for me because of my inevitable drops.

I also didn't like the thin plastic-y feel of my Moku case (which developed corner cracks) after two weeks.

That said, it's good we have choices.

13. Mr.C macrumors 601

The frosted transparent case they sell separately is not the same as the case and smart cover combo that they sell. I have both. The separate case which is what I'm using is far better quality and I've been using it for about ten days now and it's holding up just fine. As for the official Apple silicone cases I don't like silicone cases plus they are not clear and I like to be able to see the colour of the iPad. Otherwise there is no point having different coloured iPads in the first place.

14. marenta macrumors newbie

So I suppose it will work with the apple Smart Keyboard as well?

/M

15. HiItsMe macrumors 6502

Sounds like there is no cutout for the smart connector so no, I don't think the Apple keyboard would work with it.

16. marenta macrumors newbie

Did anyone try the case with ASK? On the pictures it looks like a small cutout for the smart connector...

17. HiItsMe macrumors 6502

Hmm I stand corrected. Good eye!

18. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc