Love My new 8800GT Mac... Quickbooks doesn't :(

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by smirking, Feb 18, 2008.

1. smirking macrumors 6502a

Well after delay and delay, I'm finally the ecstatic owner of a new MP 2.8 8-Core 8800GT. This thing smokes and it is very quiet in comparison to my old G5 1.8DP.

There's only one problem. Quickbooks Pro 2007 crashes on it immediately after being launched. I don't know if this is a Leopard thing or if it's a MP Early 2008 thing, but it seems that other people who had QuickBooks Pro problems were able to at least launch the program before it crapped out on them. The posts on the Intuit forums were also from the middle of January, which leads me to believe that none of these people were likely on a MP Early 2008 or on 10.5.2.

Anyone else running into this issue?

2. Banacek macrumors 6502

If you're using Quickbooks then it's a Quickbooks thing. That software is so shady and unreliable it's amazing that it still sells as well as it does.

3. echoout macrumors 6502a

QB2007 works great on mine with the ATI card, FWIW. I spent 2 days doing my business taxes with no problems.

4. smirking thread starter macrumors 6502a

It was a problem with the preferences file. Someone on the Intuit forums suggested that I trash the preferences for Quickbooks and try launching again. That did the trick.