Love my new mac but...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chelevi, Jul 2, 2012.

1. chelevi, Jul 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2012

chelevi macrumors newbie

RESOLVED

So I've just bought the new MPB (non-retina) and i love it. It's my first mac but I've been using them in college for 3 years so pretty used to the OS etc.

After playing around on it for a few days, personalising it and stuff, I've come across a problem which is really frustrating and i don't think theres a way of avoiding it

-While charging up the mbp I'm unable to connect an ethernet cable because the charger cable covers the hole, this is gonna be a problem for when i go to university as my halls of residence use ethernet internet so won't be able to use the net while charging :(

does anyone know any possible way of avoiding this (other than making sure my laptops fully charged before use so that i won't be in need of charging) or is it just one of them things I'm going to have to get used to.

other than this I'm very happy with my new laptop, will be very useful for me as ill be studying TV production so will be doing a lot of editing :D

EDIT: haha a neg for this? serious?

2. pepatrick macrumors member

flip the cable around...the wire goes points toward the back.

3. alyshehata, Jul 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2012

alyshehata macrumors member

I think you get two thunderbolt ports, so maybe connect the ethernet adapter to the other one? Anyways, congratz on ur new retina :)

EDIT: I'm sorry, didnt read Non-retina ^^ glad its fixed though

4. chelevi thread starter macrumors newbie

i feel very stupid right now haha, thank you very much, such a simple thing to do but it didn't even cross my mind :')

5. Moriarty macrumors 6502

6. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

or you could have just flipped the mac around (and then moved to the other side of the table)... :D

7. old-wiz macrumors G3

Sometimes we miss things right in front of us.

8. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

when my brother got his first powerbook, i watched him struggle to open it for about 10 minutes...before he finally figured out the apple is upside down.

when i tell that to people, i hear a LOT of others had the same 'problem'..:rolleyes: