Love my new Macbook Pro 15" 2.53GHz

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Peshwari, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Peshwari macrumors newbie

Ordered it about a week ago, got it last night.

Absolutely love it, the build quality is something else feels so much more solid than any laptop (including the old mbp's). The screen is great no dead pixels not the biggest fan of glossy screens but i'm sure i'll get used to it.

Decided not to use the migration assistant to transfer the apps etc from my Mac pro to keep it cleaner.

What apps have you got installed on your mbp's? little snitch etc

Also now i need a new sleeve anyone recommend a good one?

2. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

Congrats. I'm getting that same model in January. Did you upgrade the hard drive? For $50 more you can get the 320GB 7200 rpm instead of the standard 320GB 5400 rpm it comes with. I'm getting that put in.

I joined the ADC program (student membership) by Apple and I'm getting that system for $1999. I can't wait.

3. Peshwari thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah do a lot of Photoshop, Aperture, Video work so upgraded the HD to the 320GB 7200

4. kolax macrumors G3

Where from?

5. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

From Apple. I joined their ADC program and you get a huge discount one time. That is how I will get that Macbook Pro deal.

However anyone can pay only $50 more and get the better HD (320 GB 7200 rpm) if they buy it from Apple.com with the system.

I also heard that if you are in the ADC program and in that year you have membership they update to Snow Leopard they send it to you for free. I know they send Leopard disks (outside of the ones they send with the system you buy) when you join.

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Congrats on the computer!

I'm keeping my ADC until the year I buy a Mac Pro. :D

7. airattack111 macrumors member

I have tons of programs installed on mine already. I can run all the programs I use at once "Itunes, msn, ichat, vuze, photoshop, dreamweaver, firefox, and filezilla" without any hiccups, the 4gb ram is nice.

8. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

i should be getting mine next week. Got it for myself as an x-mas present and the GF is making me wait to open it :rolleyes: