Love my new Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Built, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Built macrumors 68020

Thanks for all the help, everybody. You have made it so much easier for me to ease into the transition to the Macbook.

One quick question...The webpages only display from the top of the screen to about one inch from the bottom, with the large toolbar icons below.

Is there any way to make webpages take up the WHOLE screen? I have tried to drag the lower edge of the webpage to stretch it but that does not work.

I would like more usable "real estate" on my screen.

Thanks! I know it's a stupid question, but I have looked all over for the answer and cannot find it.

2. dantherevelator macrumors regular

Go into System Preferences > Dock. Click where it says "automatically hide and show the dock." Then you can drag your window all the way down.

3. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

You should see a little ridged triangle towards the bottom right-hand corner of your browser window (I'm assuming this is Safari). Click and hold and simply drag it out until it stretches to the dimensions you'd like it to be. You can stretch it below the Dock (which is what I assume you meant by 'toolbar.'). :)

Edit: I added a picture of the triangle so you could see what it looks like.

Attached Files:

4. Built thread starter macrumors 68020

Thanks, Dan! You made my night!

I learn something new about Mac every day.

Thanks, again.

5. dantherevelator macrumors regular

Sure thing. I had the same gripe. If you're interested, I also use this 'fullscreen' bookmarklet to make safari take up the whole screen with a single click.