Love My Sport!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by izzle22, Apr 25, 2015.

1. izzle22 macrumors 6502a

izzle22

After debating with myself for a month on getting the Stainless Steel or the Sport I had finally decided to get the Sport. Mostly due to the fact that I will be mostly using it for running and biking. Not to mention the fact that this is a first gen product and wasn't sure of the overall usability. I have always purchased the more expensive upgraded Apple products but this time it just didn't feel right.

After reading many posts about how cheap and toylike the Sport looked during try ons I started to worry I made the wrong decision.

Nope, I made the right choice, this thing looks and feels great! And I love the toned down aluminum look over the shiny steel.

I believe even if the Sport had cost more than the Stainless Steel I still would have chosen the Sport.

I hope everyone is happy with their decision and is enjoying their Apple Watch.

To the ones who have yet to receive theirs it is worth the wait and I wish you luck on sooner deliveries.

2. shenfrey macrumors 68000

I am glad your happy :)

I personally went with the SS as I think it looks more professional and stylish, but it all comes down to personal taste.

3. Brett1203 macrumors 65816

Brett1203

I absolutely love my sport, doesn't look cheap at all to me

4. izzle22 thread starter macrumors 6502a

izzle22

I agree with you on the SS looking more professional and if I was wearing mine in a professional environment rather than for working out I may have gone with the SS. I work in a metal free area so no watches or jewelry of any kind is allowed. This made my choice a little easier.

5. AJsAWiz macrumors 68040

AJsAWiz

Nice post

Cheers to the OP!

Now, I'm 100% convinced I made the right choice.
    Will be happy to get my Gray/Black Sports Watch in May :D

6. izzle22, Apr 25, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2015

izzle22 thread starter macrumors 6502a

izzle22

Also to anyone who was concerned about size, I have small wrists for a guy and the 42 fits great. As many on here have said, they look smaller in person. The 38 would have been too small for me. My wife got the 38 Sport in white and after trying it on it looked tiny on my wrist.

I did order a black sport band as well for a more conservative look. I do like the green but it is a bit loud for certain situations.

image.jpg

7. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

I love my sport but still drool over the Milanese loop. I'll get a SS model next time around :)

8. Honey Badger macrumors 6502a

Honey Badger

I'm right there with you. I was all set on the SS with link bracelet and then I went for the try on appointment and just fell in love with the 42mm Space Gray Aluminum Sport. I am completely happy with my choice and the $700 savings over the SS doesn't hurt. And for dressier occasions, or when my watch is charging, I will still wear my very nice link bracelet mechanical watch instead of discarding it had I purchased the SS.

9. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

I went with BOTH! and I'm gonna decide which one I want when I get them then I'll sell the other one or return it.

10. gregrichards macrumors member

I love my blue sport also I have bought a separate 42mm Milanese loop for when I am dressed smart. I could have traded up but I didn't like the stainless steel as it is too shiny and will scratch.

11. Honey Badger, Apr 25, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2015

Honey Badger macrumors 6502a

Honey Badger

Also, if you want a band to make the Sport look more professional, the link bracelets here are pretty sharp for a much better price than Apple's link bracelet. I am going to get the black one for my Space Gray sport. http://www.monoweardesign.com/shop/?category=Metal

Attached Files:

12. izzle22 thread starter macrumors 6502a

izzle22

Hey those look nice! I may go that route as well.

13. Honey Badger macrumors 6502a

Honey Badger

Glad you liked it. Here is another link I came across that may interest you at some point if you like the Apple Edition Gold watches for a fraction of the cost. I mean I think their watches actually look better than Apple's Edition configurations. Check out these SS gold plates they did: http://verygoodplating.com

Attached Files: