LOVE switcheasy vulcan

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by thadoggfather, Jan 5, 2011.

1. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

done with the case hunt.

previously had speck geometric on most of the time.

tried/seen otterbox defender, geometric, pixelskin hd, argyle luxury mobile tpu, pixelskin, candyshell, incase slider, bumper, incipio ngp smoke. a lot of them friends', family members.

seethru satin on the way as a replacement for a crap pixelskin hd.

:D

2. mattdo93 macrumors 6502

mattdo93

I like the Vulcan too, but being the neat freak I am, I hate the constant fingerprints on the back. Did you get it in black or white? Glad you like it btw

3. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

Yes it is too much of a fingerprint magnet for my taste...btw what is it about the pixelskin hd that u think is crap? I think it's a solid feeling case and looks pretty good.

4. buffgrk macrumors member

got some photo's? wouldn't mind looking at some pics of the black and clear...

5. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

6. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

I don't know why this case is not more popular. IMHO this is the best of the slim TPU cases plus it has port covers and 2 screen protectors.

7. yourtoys7 macrumors 6502a

this case does not fit as well as 3gs that I loved and waited for iphone 4 case, only to be desipointed. The round shape of 3gs made it very well for rubber like cases, but not for iphone 4.

8. thadoggfather thread starter Suspended

thadoggfather

I have one of the bad revised PixelSkin HD's that has hard to push volume and lock buttons. Same with the baby blue replacement I got.

I like the look of my Geometric more anyways, and the feel, too. I just don't like that Geometric can't lay flat on a counter.

I got the black one. Clear TPU looks cheesy somewhat imo. I have a clear argyle TPU luxmo too, it's alright. Get's grimey easily though.

I don't use the headphone cover, it's hard to remove and I don't need to cover it. But I've been rocking the dock port cover a lot, and I like it!

Yeah it gets fingerprints, but a quick wipe down solves it.

And I had Vulcan for 3GS, too. I like this one more. For one the Switcheasy logo is inside the case this time, not on the outside. So the bubble logo doesn't stick out and it can still lay flat. Plus I think the volume/lock buttons were more stiff on the 3g/3gs vulcan.

To each his own though. For $20, can't beat it. I had a screen protector on, but I found it pointless. It raises edges to the home button (weird feel) and in certain lighting you can see the orange peel effect. Not a terrible protector, but just not worth it. The glass naked feels good to my fingers :)

Good luck everyone. This is the case that ended the search for me personally.

9. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

Whaat SP where you using? Static screen protectors, like the ones included in switcheasy, do not have an orange peel.

10. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

I agree 100%. It was my favorite case on the 3G / 3GS and now my iPhone 4. No need for me to buy any other cases.

11. yentrog31 macrumors regular

yentrog31

Been rockin the Vulcan case for over a yr now. I have maybe 20 cases including the Candyshell,iSkin,incase and many others..not bad cases all.But every time I try a new case or clean and wipe my phone down good I always end up sportin the Vulcan again.I have the smoked and prints,smudges and scratches are very very minor.

12. buffgrk macrumors member

i cant find any pictures of the clear? Is it like a frost look or actually clear?.. also anyone know if it would fit with wrapsol on front and back? thanks.

13. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Good questions, I'd like to know as well. But from what I saw on youtube its frosted.

14. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

The back is frosted and the sides are clear. Most TPU cases have a frosted back as a crystal clear one causes watermarks. With the regular wrapsol I think you will have no problem, wrapsol ultra on the other hand is too thick.

This is a video and not pics, but choose a high resolution like 720p and pause the video and there are the close up quality pics :D.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn3BxfgfFqw&playnext=1&list=PLBFA814726B039E1C&index=22

15. Faded1984 macrumors member

Can anyone with one of these let me know if the jack of the Bose Mie2i will fit in the headphone hole?