iPad Love the Air's blazing wifi speed!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Menel, Nov 10, 2013.

1. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

I agree - its quite an obvious speed increase over my ipad 2. Smitten with it! :D

2. jazz1 macrumors 65816

jazz1

Yup. I've got last years Airport and it cooks! Not to mention LTE just hit my neighborhood!

3. isephmusic macrumors 6502

thats the only good thing i had to say about my air besides the obvious screen and performance. its sooooo fast. its also JUST as fast to kick me from my app back to home screen lmao

4. PDFierro macrumors 68040

That's over Wi-Fi? Damn. What internet provider in Atlanta has those speeds?

5. MacintoshDan macrumors regular

I just set up a wifi network in my home last night with a brand new Airport Extreme and an Express set up as an extender, my iPad Air is just as fast as my iMac, getting the full 57/11 that my Xfinity provides, and is faster than my 2012 MacBook Air. The range on the iPad is better too. Off topic, but I also love the Apple router setup so far, much better than anything Ive had in the past. My Airplay speaker finally doesn't cut in and out.

6. g808 macrumors regular

It's fast, but not really seeing any noticeable difference between my Mini.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. Lunfai macrumors 65816

Lunfai

Depends how fast your internet is, looks like you're around the cap anyway.

8. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

That's because your network speed is faster than ~30Mbps. For example, 802.11n has a theoretical speed of 300Mbps, but probably closer to half or lower on average. Thus, you're not going to see any sort of difference between the two iPads.

Now if you tested some sort of same-network file transfer (which doesn't have anything to do with your ISP), then you'd probably see a difference.

9. g808 macrumors regular

Thanks guys. I understand LAN vs WAN speeds. Was just pointing out with typical browsing usage I don't feel a big impact, and thought I'd post my own speed test.

10. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I think Comcast offers that speed. It costs as much as a car payment, but I think it's an option. I'm way on the outskirts and get about 27, 28 tops with the plan advertised as 20.

11. Menel thread starter macrumors 603

Menel

Atlanta is ghetto. Was at my fathers in TN. Municipal fiber.

EPB $100 package for 100/100 internet and HD TV.

His desktop can score 112/101. iPad actually bouncing off the limitation of the 100mbit link of his airport express.

12. flatfoot99 Guest

Mine has shot up from almost 20 megabits to almost 30. Wasn't expecting an improvement since Im still on last generation airport.