Love the iPhone 6 Plus!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jmarziano, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Jmarziano macrumors member

Just picked up my new iPhone 6 plus and I absolutely love it! Wound up being first in line at my att store and they had 4 6 plus's. Got a 64gb white/silver! Screen is amazing and shockingly bug but after an hour of use its great! I was on the fence about going big but glad I did! Hope everyone gets what they were hoping for! Good luck !

2. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Glad it is working out for you right off the bat and hopefully you will feel the same down the road.

Congrats and enjoy.

3. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

4. Jmarziano thread starter macrumors member

Thank you! Hope everyone gets what they wanted! Got an offer from someone in line to buy my plus. Only 4 plus were at my local att. Off to Apple store to try and get a leather case

5. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I love my iPhone 6+ as well. I like it far more than I couldve ever expected.

6. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

So nice to hear. Can't wait for my Plus to arrive next week.

Congrats on yours! :D

7. vitacura macrumors regular

8. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

How much did they offer you over what you paid??

9. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

10. Sharkey311 Suspended

Got mine as well! It's so big, but I thought it'd be bigger. Fits well in my hand and I can still one hand text with it!

11. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

The size isn't as bad as I was expecting. Sadly, I still haven't actually used it yet. I started a restore at the Apple store and it said 4 hours. So, I took it home ... well, then I figured at why not just do it off the computer because it will be faster.

Wrong, needs to download iOS 8 ... been going for 20 mins now and still has 28 minutes to go ... OUCH.

12. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I want to try it but having the Note 3 at one time and selling it makes me glad my local area doesn't have any to be found.

I may still give it a shot though. Samsung's bloatware and TouchWiz interface drove me to selling it as well to tell the truth as I have now ditched the S5 I got afterwards. No more Samsungs!

13. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

Huh? They ship pre-loaded with iOS 8.

14. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

Finally a thread that's positive about the 6+...congrats:D

15. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

Yeah. that makes no sense, I would not even think they would run iOS 7.X. Are you sure it's an iPhone and not a Goophone or something?

16. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Why is OP downloading ios8 on a shiny new 6+?

Unless this whole thread is a bedtime story?

17. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

Same here, Was a little overwhelmed at the size at first but i absolutely love it now!
    one handed use is surprisingly easy too!

18. phantomsd macrumors 6502

phantomsd

6 Plus LOVE... but no 6 BASHING??? You're doing it wrong! :rolleyes:

Congrats!

#StopAppleonAppleHate

19. Mustangjac macrumors member

Mustangjac

It's running 8. He's restoring it....for whatever reason, I'm not sure. To restore the phone, iTunes has to pull the OS down first, then it'll wipe the device and reinstall the software.

20. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Ya, I started off trying iCloud but it said it was going to take 4 hours. So I went home, and since I was home already and the iCloud restore was partially done ... it had to start over from the beginning. Which meant downloading iOS 8.0

21. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

Yikes. BTW for future ref I've walked out of Apple stores mid-restore, driven home, and had the restore continue when it picked up wifi. Phone was hot as hell in the interim, but it did work.

22. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Ya, which is why I came here to warn other people about it ... not to do that :D

----------

Yep love it! Sure, its rather big ... It will really take some getting used to.

23. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Awesome! I'm so glad that some of you are happy with your 6+. I got the 6, which is totally the right choice for me, but I hope everyone is happy with what they got. I'm getting really tired of all this comparing crap.

Can't we all just be happy now and go back to hating on Samsung? :D :apple:

24. mattniles007 macrumors 6502

mattniles007

I am on the fence about wether to keep my 6+, when it arrives, or go with the regular 6. Hope to run by Apple Store to see hold touch them. Congrats on your upgrade.

25. tpc784 macrumors newbie

No Regrets Pre-Ordering the Plus

Have to say I had my concerns about pre-ordering the 6 Plus. Words from reviewers like "Humongous, Gigantic, Gargantuan" didn't help either. When the UPS guy finally showed up at 7:15 CST, I was ready to admit I had made a mistake once I opened the box, and held it in my hand. I could not have been more wrong. Love the screen size, the feel, the gorgeous display, and fantastic battery life. Would have been disappointed if I had gone with the 6.

So glad I decided to go Big!!!