LOVE the Moshi gear

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nconnella, May 14, 2010.

1. nconnella macrumors regular

Just had to report in that I LOVE the Moshi Palm guard, trackpad and keyboard cover. The palm guard and trackpad look and feel so much better than I thought they would. Just under $40 for the package on Amazon. Despite their ridiculous price considering what they must cost to make, I find it completely worth the money because I will now not have any oil stains like I had on my old one. I'd upload pics but there are plenty available already. But I can confirm that it really does look as good as they do in the pictures except for the keyboard protector which is a little more milky than I thought. Cheers!

2. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

I bought mine straight from the website :D
    looks great, kinda loose at the top :(
    still a great fit ^^

3. Grind365 macrumors newbie

just got one today too.. got the moshi palm, track, keyboard guard and a black speck hard case and also a moshi cardette.. I'm happy with everything except maybe the speck case and the palm protector. I use tapping on my trackpad and when i had the palm protector on it wasn't as responsive so i took it off. other than that everything else is great!

4. greythorne macrumors regular

so what about screen protectors? any recommendation?

5. Surely Guest

Surely

Why would you need a screen protector for a laptop?:confused:

I've been using the Moshi Palmguard since November, and it's brilliant. I don't use the trackpad cover.

6. machiabelly macrumors newbie

Moshi also sells a screen protector called the iVisor. It is mainly used as an anti-glare solution. But since I don't really use my MBP outdoors the glare is not a huge issue for me, so I don't use one. But you can buy one from Apple Store or directly from their website.

7. djgcue macrumors member

How did the palm protector make the track pad less responsive?

8. machiabelly macrumors newbie

How do you like the Moshi Cardette? I love their stuff, but haven't run across one before. Where did you buy it?

9. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

Easily. Apply the palm protector on the track pad, and see what happens.... ;)

10. nconnella thread starter macrumors regular

I have to disagree. Mine is just as responsive if not more because it's more grippy. Also my tap to click works perfectly. It responds to the lightest touch. not sure why we got different results but I'm experiencing no negatives so far.

11. lacoste-rocker macrumors regular

lacoste-rocker

12. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

I am not disagreeing with your statements. The reference was really to the fact that you would apply the palm protector to the palm area surrounding the track pad, and then apply the track pad protector on the track pad itself. This, as contrary to applying the palm protector on the track pad. ;)

13. Grind365 macrumors newbie

I meant the trackpad guard!

Yea, I don't know, it's less responsive I feel. I took it off regardless, the glass on the new mbp's apparently don't need as much protecting as it is glass and won't turn shiny like the buttons do when used frequently.

14. greythorne macrumors regular

ok guys...

reason why i asked because i can see finger prints on my screen all over. or i should ask how to protect the screen or how to take care of it.

regards

15. n8236 macrumors 65816

I love Moshi stuff too. I started using them on my last Unibody MBP and absolutely adore it! After one year of use, it has lost some of the fine sandpaper feel, but it still looked like new.

The trackpad guard is not so good. It hinders the multi-finger gestures very much and also the finger tapping.

How is the keyboard guard?

16. puma1552 macrumors 603

dont touch it?

i have the keyguard and like the op it was just a tad milkier than i thought but still a great product, highly recommended for those looking for a keyboard protector. takes some getting used to, but its the thinnest youll find and once you get used to it its fine, just takes a little more effort to press the keys