Love the new umbp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cavanboy18, May 29, 2009.

1. Cavanboy18 macrumors regular

i never ever had a mac. my older brother would always preach mac was better, i was like f that pc all the way im the leet gamer. well i just started my graphic design degree at the Art Institute of Washington so i was like "i need a good laptop mom for my classes". Because i use Photoshop, Adobe illustrator and indesign. well my mom was like your school says you need a mac, im getting you a mac. im like noooo i dont want a damn mac mac sucks blah blah blah. she's like "tough luck, mac or nothing!" so i was like fine but it has to be 17". well the only 17" mac makes in laptops is the mbp so i lucked out and got a really nice laptop. so i took it home about 3 weeks ago and wow i was a damn retard and macs kick ass. god windows sucks ass its so vanilla and so... i just feel bad using windows now after getting my bad ass mac. i always thought macs were pooty, but now i have seen the light and love my new mac! also got a new phone 2 hehe. because i told my mom the iphone bonds with the mac and you can like do school work stuff on my iphone...haha.... i love apple :D

2. shwc macrumors regular

Congratulations!
    Welcome to the Mac world of computing! Your world view is expanding.

Also, congratulations on entering Art School! I wish you all the best.

You might want to think about writing in a more formal, more adult form. I understand your message was meant to be informal, but your overly colloquial approach to writing, along with your capitalization issues, your use of jargon (or is "leet" a typo), and your punctuation errors are quite jarring and interfere with understanding your composition. More people will respond if they can easily read and understand your composition.

Note: I am a frustrated biology professor at a large university who has just spent the last ten hours reading deplorable examples of the English written word on exams and papers.:(

3. winninganthem macrumors 6502a

winninganthem

Wow, you must be really excited; the entire post feels like a big run on sentence hahahaha.

Congrats lol.

4. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    :eek:

Is your mom single? ;) :p

Seriously, is your mom single?... :eek:

5. Cavanboy18 thread starter macrumors regular

leet is geek jargon... lol.

6. 3rdLittlePiggie macrumors member

3rdLittlePiggie

Welcome aboard!

Why is everyone so upset about his rhetoric? This is the internet...and...he's excited! Let him talk anyway he wants to...besides my new 15" MBP is sitting in the UPS warehouse and will be delivered Monday, and I'm in the exact same place.

7. apersianboyCOM macrumors 6502

congrats... I know how you feel coming from windows myself as well :)

8. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

funny story.....

i used to have a m1330 dell laptop...with a faulty 8400GS in it...and i moved over to a 2.2ghz sr 8600gt...to find out that was also faulty...luckily it was replaced by a umbp...

dell screwed me by pushing me with mobo replacements until i was out of warranty....

i like mac, they treated me good (as long as you treat them with respect) and they now have all my business machines converted to mac.

apple tv....time capsule...air port extreme...i love it all....
    :)

9. glhiii macrumors regular

Lifeless writing

I've taught in a university too -- for years -- and I've taught classes on creative writing. I'd give Twincities Dan an A and shwc a D. Twincities was not writing an essay on mitochondria (god forbid), but expressing enthusiasm. His English flows, has rhythm, and expresses his feelings perfectly -- "pooty" is wonderful. Shwc, on the other hand, writes a turgid, scrupulously correct English that is boring, forgettable, uninspired. A bureaucratized English. Cf Joyce, Pound, Kerouac, Updike.

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

11. icedd macrumors 6502

icedd

:)

12. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

congrats bro. are you going to install windows on it? i know you hate it now but it is convenient to have.

13. mlemonds macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

congrats, i made the switch about a year ago.

14. dan5.5 macrumors 6502

congrats on the switch! I switched in October and have never looked back... I would rather have a basic macbook then a fully loaded pc.

15. bli625 macrumors 6502a

bli625

Are you serious?? ..sell the fully loaded pc and buy a better macbook. ;-)

16. Cavanboy18 thread starter macrumors regular

i put windows 7 on it but i really dont even have time to game anymore. windows is just feels weird now after i converted to osx. i mean the 3 and 4 finger movements make using my laptop so easy and moving between screens windows u have to like move your mouse and click the top thing minimize blah blah... super lame. i think the problem with windows is that its just a os and not a os and a computer system also. thats why apple is better. because it all works together so well. its like once you have tasted the forbidden fruit you never wanna go back haha...

17. Mhmm macrumors member

Go and buy something pretty for your mom ASAP! Seriously.

Pot, meet kettle.

18. u49aa2 macrumors 6502a

u49aa2

Congratulation man. I know the feeling :D. and forget about the few arrogant early replies :mad:. Welcome to the club :)

19. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

well, luckily for shwc's sake he got the D. Anything less, they may have had to go to summer school.