Love the trackpad but..(attn pure keyboard users)

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by etaleb, Jul 22, 2014.

1. etaleb macrumors member

Guys

I'm a windows user and converting over to a Macbook Air. I've gotten so used to the trackpad and all the gestures last few days that I'm using them all the time. However, i also noticed a slight pain in my wrist and hands because my hands stay a little bent to do all the gestures. Has anybody noticed this? Is the best thing to do is invest in a magic trackpad? Does it support all the gestures of the in-built trackpad?

Also are there any folks who use the keyboard for most everything touching the trackpad infrequently? I know Alt+Tab works to switch between windows. Command and Left arrow to go back. Anything else?

Thanks

2. mad3inch1na macrumors 6502a

I have never experienced this issue. Are you using your computer in an awkward position? Maybe try sitting at a desk if you aren't already. One of my favorite features of OSX is hot corners. It is under System Preferences --> Mission Control --> Hot Corners (at the very bottom left). I like setting the upper left-hand corner of my screen to Mission Control, so I can see all of my windows and jump between them without all the clutter.

Matt

3. Saturn1217 macrumors 6502a

You can also use bettertouchtools to customize gestures (this is a very trusted program that many here use). It might help if a particular gesture doesn't feel natural to you. For example I think the 'new show desktop gesture' is weird and so I have it set to a four finger swipe up.

But you might just need to get used to the computer. I don't have any trouble using the trackpad personally.