LOVEFiLM streaming service coming for iPad? (UK users)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by oliver5893, Aug 3, 2010.

1. oliver5893 macrumors newbie

Since LOVEFiLM started their browser streaming service, I've hoped that it would eventually become the UK version of Netflix. I mean, the companies already pretty much do exactly the same thing.

LOVEFiLM's current streaming service uses some other company who manages it all. And according to the article below, they're getting ready to stream to other devices, including the iPad :D (as well as PS3, internet TV's, yada yada...)

http://www.next-gen.biz/news/lovefilm-likely-headed-to-ps3-wii

I hope this is the case! Anyone else use LOVEFiLM and want this, or am I getting excited over nothing?

2. Macjames macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Sounds good, but, of the 64 films in my rental list only 4 are available for streaming! These are big mainstream films too!

3. EssentialParado macrumors 65816

if I could stream a large library of movies and TV shows to my iPad and 360, I would easily pay £20 for that, and probably cancel my Sky subscription. I could probably cancel my Tv license too :p

4. nlr macrumors 6502

5. shandyman Suspended

it could take ages, they've still not got it to my samsung blu ray player yet.

they were talkin about gettin it on xbox live.

i heard a few months back that netflix is looking to launch in the UK early next year, jan/feb time, streaming only though.

6. enrvuk macrumors member

Netflix or Lovefilm would be great for me. I'd happily cancel Sky Movies then.

I don't enjoy giving money to Murdoch.

7. richardmu macrumors 6502a

I sent a mail to lovefilm support a few days ago asking specifically about a subscription movie streaming service to the PS3.

The reply said it was due to be launched on the 15th of this month for current lovefilm subscribers and details would appear on the lovefilm site soon.

Seems a bit unlikely somehow but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

8. Merthyrboy macrumors 6502

BBC iplayer is good on the ipad so hopefully lovefilm will be too.

9. Frosticus macrumors 6502a

Frosticus