Lovely machine but......

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by arambol, Oct 7, 2009.

1. arambol macrumors newbie

Why does my new uMBP keep dropping it's wi fi connection every 10 minutes while my iMac and girlfriends 2007 Macbook works just fine and they are all running SL?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I don't have any issues with my unibody MBP dropping wifi.

Not sure what else to say, other then that problem doesn't sound right.

3. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

^ helpful :rolleyes:

Have you tried your UBMP in other locations with WiFi? If you live in an apartment with loads of wireless networks around it seems airport gets confused. Have you tried changing the network channel?

4. mousouchop macrumors 6502a

mousouchop

My friend reported having issues with WiFi after initially installed SL on his 15" MBP. I am not sure what he did to resolve it, but I could find out and post later. Since I haven't heard him complain about it lately I can only assume the the issue has been fixed. I will let you know unless a viable answer is posted before I am able to inquire. :p

5. prodigee macrumors 6502a

Its weird the past 2 days I have been having the same issue, but not with WiFi but with a hardwire connection.

6. mousouchop macrumors 6502a

mousouchop

My friend said that he thinks the issue resolved itself on it's own (maybe with the 10.6.1 patch?). He recommends changing the channel of your router to channel 10.

Hope this helps. I personally have the Macbook as him that came with SL preinstalled and have not had an issue.

I hope my friend's suggestion helps you out!

7. Jaimi macrumors regular

There are only three non-overlapping channels on 802.11b&g - 1, 6, 11. You should only use one of these three, unless you have some reason not too.

8. prodigee macrumors 6502a

I made a new Airport thing when I had this issue and instead of making it automatic I made a new one, and that fixed my issue. I know that wasn't very descriptive, but I am sure that there is someone here who can explain it better than I can.