Loving Lion GM but one annoyance...

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by johncozen, Jul 4, 2011.

1. johncozen macrumors member

Really enjoying the GM so far and have installed it on my primary machine, but one thing's bothering me: how the volume and playhead scrubbing work in iTunes now, scrolling to the left moves the volume slider to the right and vice versa, seems counter-intuitive, whatdoyouthink?

2. Beavix macrumors 6502a

Beavix

Apparently this has been fixed in iTunes 10.5 beta.

3. CyBeRino macrumors 6502a

Appears so. One would suspect this to be because of the reversed scrolling direction and iTunes not being aware of it. I just tried and in iTunes 10.5 scrubbing and volume changing work as one would expect with either setting.

4. mrgraff macrumors 6502a

mrgraff

Turning off the reverse scrolling was one of the first things I did. I'm used to it on my iPod, so maybe I'll try to use it on the Mac eventually, but I agree it makes no sense at all when horizontally moving a slider as opposed to a scrollbar.

5. johncozen thread starter macrumors member

glad to hear it's fixed in the beta/ next version. Otherwise I'm getting used to the 'natural' scrolling.

6. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

It doesn't actually make sense for a scrollbar either. The reason it should feel natural when scrolling, is because you aren't actually interacting with the scrollbar, but the window content. :)

7. CyBeRino macrumors 6502a

For me that only works when the window content is under my finger, as it is on, say, an iPad. On the computer I can't deal with it so that was seriously the first thing I changed after installing Lion.