Loving Mac OS X is a pain

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by icecone, Sep 29, 2007.

1. icecone macrumors regular

Why Apple makes so few products?
    When I want a desktop, mac pro is far too expensive, Mac mini is not powerful enough. So the remaining choice is iMac.
    But I already have a monitor, and I have to sell it, and I don't like glossy.
    Sometimes you have to be aware when will it update again too.
    Want to game on Mac? Stop dreaming. The most powerful display card is only 1900XT and you'll need a Mac Pro to use it.

For notebooks, Macbook, no external graphics card and glossy screen, the screen is too small. Macbook pro? too expensive

For any other single manufacturer, there are always much more choices, and there are plenty of manufactures to choose from. But none ships Mac OS X:mad:

What ever,
    using windows is much more painful
    (linux? cool but sometimes programs do not support it)

2. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

3. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

4. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

I think he already did.

5. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I'd say it was more of a small stream or brook at best.

6. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

The 'let's complain about Apple' bandwagon must be getting pretty full these days with so many complainers jumping on it.

7. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I guess it's back to the 23 different motherboards about which Steve Jobs complained when he returned to Apple after the acquisition of NeXT.

Everyone should have whatever they want. :eek:

There are times when Apple could do a bit more variety rather than just stick with the boutique mentality.

A double stack Mac mini with room for an interchangeable video card would be an instant hit, for instance.

8. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

That kinda sounds like the G4 cube, but no matter how good the idea, it didn't last. You must realize that Apple doesn't cater to gamers, and I really can't think of a market for this "xMac" we all propose.

9. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

i'd buy one

10. jaydub macrumors 6502a

jaydub

If Apple tried to create products that appealed to all segments, they'd lose their appeal in the segments which are currently working well for them.

Most people can fill in the blanks with whatever Apple offers right now, and honestly if you can't perhaps they aren't the company you need to buy from. :eek:

11. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

As a gamer there is no apple product for me, altho a macpro in bootcamp is pretty good. I have a dell desktop for gaming, i use my mac for everything except gaming. If you use an apple product it does not mean you cant use anything else, use the apple product for what you need and if your needs are elsewhere then use a different product.

12. bartelby macrumors Core

Apple are a premium brand, like BMW (I only chose BMW as the 2 seem to be linked in people's minds), they sell premium priced products.

Go back a few years and look at their product range, if you want to see a small range of products.