Loving my Antiglare Filter for 16" MBP!

groove-agent

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 13, 2006
[EDIT] Got the Moshi antiglare filter and love it. See pictures at the bottom.

Hello all,

I have visual impairment that makes me sensitive to screen glare. I'm looking for a antiglare filter that will make the screen more like an antiglare screen, hopefully one that attaches easily (magnetic?). I know there are a few stick on solutions but I hate the bubbles and using the credit card to remove them. I was hoping Moshi would make one but there's nothing for the 16" yet.

Does anyone have a good 16" antiglare option they're using?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

groove-agent

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 13, 2006
In case others are looking for the same thing, Moshi just released an iVisor antiglare screen for the 16" MacBook Pro.

Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 8.37.49 AM.png

Last edited:

calbear92

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2014
I have this product on all of my MBP's starting from 13" - 15". Excellent product. Easy to install bubble free. Reusable. Washable. (though I have never needed to date).

Reactions: groove-agent

groove-agent

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 13, 2006
I finally got mine, and it's a GAME CHANGER. It's like the screen has been pushed to the front, and you're not trying to look at it through a window. It looks amazing. The screen is so much easier to see, and I have far less eye-fatigue. This means I can work at my laptop longer. I'm hoping this will reduce the amount of headaches I've been getting.

I always hated Apple's decision to go to glossy screens. I know many liked the glossy screens because the colours "popped" and it looked more like their TV. IMO, these screens are not practical for people who use their laptops for long sessions. In the 90s we would use antiglare filters on the CRT monitors to reduce glare/ eye fatigue. Now we put them on our laptops as standard? Doesn't make sense.

IMG_1980.JPG
IMG_1981.JPG

Reactions: mbosse

mbosse

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2015
Vienna, Austria
I finally got mine, and it's a GAME CHANGER. It's like the screen has been pushed to the front, and you're not trying to look at it through a window. It looks amazing. The screen is so much easier to see, and I have far less eye-fatigue. This means I can work at my laptop longer. I'm hoping this will reduce the amount of headaches I've been getting.

I always hated Apple's decision to go to glossy screens. I know many liked the glossy screens because the colours "popped" and it looked more like their TV. IMO, these screens are not practical for people who use their laptops for long sessions. In the 90s we would use antiglare filters on the CRT monitors to reduce glare/ eye fatigue. Now we put them on our laptops as standard? Doesn't make sense.

View attachment 896886 View attachment 896885
Thank you for the feedback. Could you comment on installation, any drawbacks (colour shift, reduced viewing angle, contrast...)?

I assume this also nicely prevents scratches and/or keyboard/trackpad signs on the display.

Thanks,
Magnus

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.