Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pinoyplaya

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2009
Sorry, I just had to have a shoutout. Haha. :) I love this thing. After 1 full day of use lol.

Though the only thing that concerns me is whenever I put the book to sleep every now and then, my available RAM goes down :( down to like 250mb or so.

But other than that.. its all good.. battery seems to take forever to charge too haha. It takes like the same amount of time to charge as the amount of battery life it gives you. Maybe longer to charge by a bit. hehe

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008
It takes longer to charge if you're using it because you're draining the battery/sapping power from the ac adapter.

It charges far faster when asleep.

pinoyplaya

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2009
It takes longer to charge if you're using it because you're draining the battery/sapping power from the ac adapter.

It charges far faster when asleep.

Oh yea hehe. I do use it when I charge it hence why I notice it takes long. If it was asleep.... I wouldnt know lol.

pinoyplaya

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2009
How's the screen?

I have it at low brightness settings... It does adjust itself automatically though depending on the lighting.

But yea... right now at the lowest setting with 71% battery life I have 4 hours remaining. Thats not bad :)

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008
I have it at low brightness settings... It does adjust itself automatically though depending on the lighting.

But yea... right now at the lowest setting with 71% battery life I have 4 hours remaining. Thats not bad :)

He was referring to his obsession with the "lack of quality" on the MB's screen. :p

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008
Oh. I find it ok. The only thing I notice is that the black text seems to be not very clear. Maybe Im just getting blind. LOL

Macs do render text differently than Windows machines. It can take some getting used to for sure. Macs display the fonts as they're supposed to look in print, whereas Windows artificially sharpens the fonts.

You can play around with the font smoothing settings in System Preferences-->Appearance, then at the bottom there's a drop down menu to change the font smoothing setting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.