Loving My New Macbook retina 12"...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by GreenPea, Dec 24, 2015.

1. GreenPea, Dec 24, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2015

GreenPea macrumors newbie

I was using the MBA 13" and absolutely loved the computer; however, I was using parallels/Windows 10, as I need it for business, and felt like the MBA(4gb/128) was running a little sluggish. So I made the mistake of going out and buying a Lenovo 900 2in1, 16gb/512ssd. Boy did those specs look great on paper! I wanted to like it, but quickly realized that while I do like Windows 10, I missed the Apple OS and Apple QUALITY. Also, the Mac Keyboards are far superior in my opinion.
    Needless to say, 2 days after buying the Lenovo, the keys stopped typing, the delete key stopped working, etc. I quickly rushed over to BestBuy and returned the computer.
    I had been curious about the rMB 12" and noticed that it was on sale for $999(marked down from $1,299), so I snapped one up. Unbelievable Timing!
    Boy, am I happy with this new computer. As much as I love the MBA, this new rMB is better in my opinion(for my needs). And by the way, I love the keyboard even more that the MBA! Also, I don't mind the one small port, as I will get the adaptor, no biggy. The size of this laptop is simply amazingly. The retina screen is nice.
    As a small business owner, I love the size/portability and power (8gb/256). This is all I need.
    I am learning to just do as Apple tells me to do.(<----- I am slightly joking---->) They know better.
    This computer is perfect! Can you say "light weight"?
    Very Happy with this purchase!!! No looking back! Sorry MBA:)

2. boltjames macrumors 68030

boltjames

Great post, congrats! As a fellow Windows-10-on-Retina-MacBook user I share your sentiments, great machine.

BJ

3. GreenPea thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks BJ,

One little thing I left out about why I like this rMB so much:

"The size/weight, the retina screen, the Speakers, the keyboard, the performance, The quality!"

Ok, I will shut up now. :)

4. boltjames macrumors 68030

boltjames

....and don't forget the little things like:

The small footprint and super light weight of the adapter.
    Passes through airport security like an iPad can stay in your backpack.
    Scratch resistance of the outer surface.
    Boot Camp full functionality (for us Windows 10 users)
    Perfectly even backlighting under the keyboard.
    Sound notification when charger is plugged in.

BJ

5. David58117 macrumors 65816

Annddd - the fanless design!!! Totally changes how it's used.

Also that 8GB ram and 256GB is the base config.

6. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Scratch Resistance of the outer surface? I missed that... isn't it just aluminum? I would think this would scratch as easily as any Macbook.

7. boltjames macrumors 68030

boltjames

It has a finish more like an iPad, more resistant to scuffs and scrapes (I don't have a single one yet).

Yes! How whisper-quiet it is and how life is so much better without a hot-air heater blowing on you at all times.

BJ

8. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

I put a case on mine cause I was worried about scratching it... but my case is pretty sweet. Red soft touch case I got on Amazon for 7 bucks. $7.50 Spiderman decal and I used a white apple sticker underneath Spidey so that his eyes come out white. It was originally cut out for the glowing white logo of a MBA or MBP. IMG_5046.jpg