Loving my new Series 4

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by automan98, Oct 18, 2018.

1. automan98 macrumors regular

Just recevied my Series 4 yesterday. Have used the Series 0 since it first came out. Kept resisting the upgrade because I felt like I couldn’t justify the money given the 0 basically did what I needed. But man, I really enjoy the Series 4. The screen size is awesome (44mm) and it’s just blazing fast compared to what I had before. All kinds of features available that weren’t due to limitations of not having OS 5 for the Watch. I purchased and received within two days from Target. Not sure why people are waiting to buy from Apple where there’s a month wait when you can buy immediately from Target (with 5% with Red card). If any of you are on 0 and thinking about waiting to upgrade, just do it. Now that I have the watch I’m really happy.

2. jesusplay macrumors 6502a

yeah mines is coming soon. I just upgraded from a series 0. I never saw a point in the other models, No water damage no scratches or anything on this thing

3. Closingracer macrumors 68040

I came from using a series 2 for a year before I lost my watch and have since use some google wear and Samsung watches ( honestly those are the next best after the Apple Watch and way better then google wear) and it’s my birthday soon so I decided to get myself a series 4 44mm. I actually was considering a 40mm but I figured I can go bigger and always change to the smaller if I wanted to ( I have 45 days to decide Best Buy elite plus ). I also got a 10% off coupon from bestbuy because of my birthday which made it possible to get the 44mm which would of been out of my budget at $467 without the coupon

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

You didn’t indicate specifically which model you have, but the reason others are having difficulty finding certain models, because the stainless has been back ordered severely for weeks. Third-party retailers like Walmart, Target, Best Buy usually stock the aluminum models that are more regularly stocked over the stainless, which is likely why you found one so quickly, that is if you did purchase the sport model.

5. <3raining macrumors member

Exactly. I just checked, target is out of stock on all ss models.

6. automan98 thread starter macrumors regular

It was aluminum. But like I said, Best Buy was out, BH Photo out, and Apple had one month wait. So even if the ss models are all out, the fact that Target had availability on the alum with 5% off was pretty awesome.

7. Jason Hensley macrumors 6502a

Jason Hensley

8. staggerlee41 macrumors 6502a

staggerlee41

Congrats on your score, getting a watch with discount is nice! Enjoy the watch. I upgraded from S2 42 mm so not as limited as you were with S0 but wow it feels like a massive upgrade. The screen size + speed increase were almost worth the upgrade price in their own right but I'm really enjoying the slimmed down case size and a barely noticeable width of the case. Much more comfortable on the wrist.