Loving the apple keyboard cover for the iPAd pro!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by tgcarroll, Dec 11, 2015.

1. tgcarroll macrumors newbie

I was finally able to get my hands on the apple keyboard cover for the iPad pro, and I have to say it really makes the iPad exactly what I was looking for... A way to consolidate my MacBook Air and IPad daily carry into a single device. Yes, I realize that iOS is not OSX, but for a daily driver, this is perfect for me.

When combined with the Apple Pencil and the keyboard, Apple knocked it out of the park with this hardware and I can't wait to see the product and operation system continue to evolve.

Tested importing pics directly from my Canon 7D last night, along with videos from my GoPro, both with great results (although I wish Lightroom Mobile would support direct Raw imports.).

Consider me a very happy customer.

2. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

Glad to hear that you are delighted with your purchase. For my needs Apple fell short...
    • Poor keyboard cover - "cloth covered" keys, lack of dedicated iPad function keys.
    • No support for trackpad/mouse.

3. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

i loved it too. These are my thoughts on the smart keyboard....

the good
    1) great typing action
    2) elegant looking and makes my ipad look more 'computer' like on my desk
    3) sits nicely against the ipad when folded up - not lumpy and odd looking, in my opinion, like a lot of peeps first complained of.

the not so good
    1) bit of an origami exercise to open/close/use it
    2) needs mouse support
    3) no Pencil slot or holder

4. DavidLynch macrumors 6502a

Nice to hear! I'm going to hold off until the Smart Keyboard 2, hoping at the least a row of shortcut keys are added.