Loving the Apple TV, two features i miss though.

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by henrikrox, Oct 17, 2010.

1. henrikrox macrumors 65816

henrikrox

Loving my Apple TV, however it would be fun to have this fixed.

I have a bunch of remotes, and i dont like i dont have the option to change the volume with the remote. Many songs have different volume levels, and its a hassle changing remote all the time.

Dunno why, as this should be a easy fix.

Second.

Would be fun to have a "stretch to fill screen" button. Like quicktime player x has.

got alot of old family guy/american dad, and yes i know it gets stretched, but it just looks dumb in 4:3 format.

2. wodeh macrumors regular

1) Grab a universal remote, or have the Apple TV "learn" a bunch of buttons from the STB mode of your TV remote, or the TV mode of your STB remote. Then you'd have volume control on the same remote as Apple TV control. Yay! (unless you use an iPhone/iPad)

2) It'll come soon, I'd bet. The iPad/iPhone have it. Apple are busy figuring out which esoteric button combination to assign it to. (well, zooming anyway)

I don't tend to agree with stretching/scaling, though, ends up looking awful!

3. WiiDSmoker macrumors 65816

WiiDSmoker

And it's going to look even dumber being stretched.

4. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

I am also happy with my new AppleTV2 but I really do miss 1080p. It is really a shame that Apple didn't support it.

5. kemperman macrumors regular

kemperman

You should be able to do this already. I know you can for music on ATV mk1

6. joudbren macrumors regular

My Harmony One remote is working fine with my ATV2 and previously with my original ATV. On a side note, can't you just turn the Sound Check feature on with your ATV? I thought that setting was supposed to make sure that all the songs in your library played automatically at basically the same sound level so that you didn't have to keep adjusting the level manually on every different song. Cheers!

James