loving the camera connection kit and ifile

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by markosb, Oct 29, 2010.

1. markosb macrumors 6502

markosb

Such a nice pair... I appreciate what Apple wants to do, but jailbreaking made the device much more useful.

I was able to take my NextoCF and view images I had on it using ifile. Its not as nice as using the desktop, but at least I can do it, without copying to the iPad. I have yet to try opening a file in filterstorm.

ifile, $4.00 well spent.

2. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Tried opening in Filterstorm; no dice. It opens the app, but doesn't load the image, and of course, when you click "load image" in Filterstorm, your only options are the Camera Roll and Albums/Events you have loaded on the iPad.

iFile is a great app though, and I use it frequently on my iPhone.

3. markosb thread starter macrumors 6502

markosb

Oh well, its still cool to view the images via iFile instead of copying all of them over, then copy the ones you want to try editing to the iPad in Filterstorm, which is a pretty nice app in itself at least for basic editing.

Thanks for trying, I wouldnt have tried till tomorrow, when I go out to shoot.

Markos

4. JSalig macrumors 6502

iFile alone is reason enough to jailbreak. I've been using it in combination with the safari download manager and the camera connection kit. I haven't connected to iTunes in months since I'm able to download stuff directly into apps either through the internet or a usb flash drive. I only connect to iTunes for backup purposes. I can only nod in pity at those who complain about the lack of a file system. They don't know what they're missing. Actually, they do know but they refuse to do anything about it.

5. markosb thread starter macrumors 6502

markosb

Couldn't agree more, I create alot in pages and either emailed it or synced, but when not in a wifi situation or near my own computer, I have iFile as a 3rd option coupled with the camera connection kit.

6. Rich Gibson macrumors member

I'm a photographer and now have iFile reading either SD or CF cards through the camera connection kit. Still, I haven't been successful getting anything to work with an external hard drive. I've followed Maxwell Shay's tutorial but still can't get iFile to see the files on the hard drive. Yes, there is a DMIN directory and ls sees disk1s1 so it appears to mount, it's just that nothing shows for the drive.

Thanks