Loving the iPhone 7 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gus1989, Oct 7, 2016.

1. gus1989 macrumors newbie

Just got my Verizon iPhone 7 Plus 128gb Matte Black a couple days ago after ordering on 9/10. I'm liking it very much so far with no issues. Previously had a 6s (which was my first iPhone) so still getting used to the size but I think it will be OK. Loving the new home button, brighter screen, better battery life (almost two full days on full charge) and iOS 10. Haven't really played with the camera yet, but have been impressed with the pictures others have taken. Might not be the best but it is definitely better. Getting the $650 credit from Verizon and a refund on the unused Applecare so this was really a no brainer upgrade. I don't intend to leave Verizon because they really do have the best coverage in rural Indiana.

Anyways, just my $0.02 for all those worried about all the unhappiness and still deciding whether to upgrade or not. I'm taking the better phone now and will see what happens next September with the next phone.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 7, 2016 ---
    Oh, and I also like the speakers too. Hope to never test the water resistance though.

2. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

The stereo speakers are my favorite upgrade. I talk on my speakerphone frequently and the clarity with the added volume was shocking how well it sounds.

3. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

I agree about the speakers. Apple seems to have lowered somewhat the maximum volume available on the iOS 10.1 beta. I hope they restore it for the official release.

4. gus1989 thread starter macrumors newbie

That would be bad if they don't restore it. Picked up the Apple Saddle Brown Leather case too. It looks awesome on the phone and the change in the buttons is much appreciated over the one I had on the 6s. Can't wait for the leather to get that nice aged look.

5. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

Both colors are fine but i still preffer the new jet black color over the matte black color

6. melpote macrumors member

melpote

I absolutely love this phone. I was worried with all the problems people were having, but I have zero problems on mine. I am still getting used to the home button. I love the haptic feedback-like when you are choosing an artist or album in the music app. I also think the music sound quality is better. To me it sounds deeper and richer, but maybe it's just me. I hate the no headphone jack, but I am buying an adapter to charge and listen at the same time.

7. nivekl macrumors newbie

I have been an Android user since 2008 with the T-Mobile G1. That said, I ordered an iPhone 7 plus from Apple.com on October 3rd. I have been really concerned and second guessing myself because of all the issues I have seen cropping up, I'm really impressed with the 7 plus and really want to give iOS a chance since I feel that it is much more privacy friendly than Android. It's good to see someone posting that they have no issues, thanks for the thread! I hope other happy users will post their positive experiences here as well, I've almost canceled my order about a dozen times lol.

8. Stevendiep macrumors member

Stevendiep

Hi bro, can you try gently twist your phone or apply some subtle pressure on the back of the phone to see if there is any clicking sounds? It will me more audible as you do it in a quite place. This is the issue that many people, including me, are living with.

9. gus1989 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just tried it and no issues with clicking or creaking. Sorry you have that as it would sure be a problem for me. Are you past your return date?