Loving the matte black!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by syphern, Sep 23, 2016.

1. syphern macrumors 6502

I tried the iPhone in jet black but it felt just like a 5c.

The matte black looks and feels premium don't know why apple wont sell that one as the premium phone.

So I am super happy with my matte black. No regrets. No scratches or fingerprints yay

2. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65816

JayIsAwesome

Swear, around these parts...The Jet Black iPhone is the biggest heel since Hulk Hogan in 1997

3. rambo47 macrumors 6502a

rambo47

I was all spun up to get the jet black phone, but after seeing the jet and matte versions side by side in the Apple Store I too have decided the matte black is nicer.

4. schlaufox macrumors regular

The Jet Black model is the result of a brand new design process, hence it gets the attention.

That said, I'm looking forward to getting my Matte Black iPhone.

5. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

I gave up on waiting for the Jet Black aka 'fingerprint magnet' and bought a Matte Black. I'm glad I did. I love this thing.

6. rambo47 macrumors 6502a

rambo47

I always put a case of some kind on my iPhones so the jet black is sort of a moot point for me.

7. Benito macrumors 6502

Benito

8. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Another forum member posted pictures of the Jet Black being handled extensively at a local carrier store and it looked terrible with fingerprints. Sure, Apple makes it look perfect, but in real world applications, it's far from perfect. Matte Black looks great. I actually opted for Gold. Wanted a different bezel color this year.

9. DeathBySprinkles macrumors member

DeathBySprinkles

10. ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

I'd love a black iPhone 7 plus... but I only want it flat black on the back, white on the front. Black front iPhone is boring after a while. Just a black face, no color gets depressing after a while.

11. DeathBySprinkles macrumors member

DeathBySprinkles

i wish my iphone se would have had a matte black finish, bravo apple for coming out with these finishes. The skins you can buy online simply fail in comparison to these new finishes.

12. Nolander07 macrumors 6502a

Ive had white/silver phones for the last 4 years, this year I wanted something different. I'm glad I got the matte black, I'm really enjoying it.