Loving the New iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Subjugator, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Subjugator macrumors regular

Sold my ipad 2 to my dad walked into an apple store, bought a 32GB, wifi, New iPad. After all the threads I have seen on here about screen tint, light bleed, dead pixals, over heating, wifi and battery issues etc. I was a little nervous to even get one. However my iPad is perfect. Zero tint issues. Zero light bleed. No dead pixals, no wifi issues, gets only slightly warm after about an hour of continuos use and the battery seems to take about the same exact time to charge as my iPad 2 did. Battery life seems great but it's hard to compare since my 2 was jail broken and had many tweaks.

Anyway, if your thinking about getting a new iPad and are a little put off by all the threads of people having unfortunate issues with theirs, just know that many if not most of the iPad have zero problems and work and look great.

Just my .02

2. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Good to hear. My iPad is also free of any type of screen issue and the majority of people have a good experience. Enjoy. :)

3. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

That's because the internet, especially forums and comments sections, in no way represents real life.

4. Mk4Jetta macrumors newbie

That's good, just remember that most of the time people who get a perfect device won't make a post about it. Only the people who are mad about getting a defective one will. I got a good one but if I had a bad one I would keep returning it till I got a good one, these are not cheap and I expect to get exactly what they advertise.

5. Subjugator thread starter macrumors regular

I agree completely. I just wanted to share my experience so that some looking to make an informed purchase wouldn't only read about the negative experiences.

6. mzjin macrumors 6502

mzjin

Actually, I would say most people get defective devices but simply don't know it.

Walk into an apple store and compare their display models and most have severe tint issues.

7. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

This.

Of course, some people will automatically regurgitate that this means they aren't defective, to which I say, just because you can't tell the difference between a $100 stereo and a $10,000 stereo doesn't mean there is no difference.

8. Enlightenment1 macrumors regular

Does the serial number start with DY by any chance?

9. eneisch macrumors 6502a

I'm glad you got a good iPad. I was lucky enough to get one too. However, your observation about charging time cannot be accurate. The new iPad uses the same 10W charger as the iPad and iPad2 did, but the battery is almost twice the size. As a result charging time will definitely take longer, but perhaps you are not noticing it becuase you are charging while you are at work or overnight, etc.

Enjoy you new iPad - I know I am loving mine!

10. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

I've got a DY serial number and it has a slight pink hue towards the top left but tbh I only see it on the logmein connecting screen (grey lines over grey background). Can I be bothered to swap it? Nope. Lol

11. Enlightenment1 macrumors regular

Very helpful. Thank you.

12. imbogus1 macrumors newbie

imbogus1

or care that much.... how bad can it really be?

13. azure247 macrumors 6502

I returned my first new ipad for a second one. The second one now has a vertical scratch on the back body. First time, it was on the side with a deep nick.

I give up. I'm keeping it. Returning it to BHphotovideo takes a week and another week to get the new one since im from cali and they from ny.

Life sucks. :c

14. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

My thoughts exactly.

15. AppleInMyBlood macrumors regular

Exceptionally good display

What absolute nonsense! I go into Apple Stores regularly and every new iPad I've seen has been virtually flawless--and I am very critical.

The Retina Display on the new model has been classified by people who are very well-versed in monitor tech as being a near-reference quality display--unheard of in the mobile space and rare even in the consumer desktop space.

What are your qualifications, out of curiosity? And please try not to make something up to impress us. :rolleyes:

16. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

Given my usage the trade from 2 to New was a no brainer. That said, for many users I think an iPad 2 would due just fine.

17. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

I would say many are not "perfect," but that the definition of "defective" is being overused and cast too widely. I also think it's quite clear that assuming that most are defective and that the majority of people are too stupid, clueless, whatever to know it, is elitist crap.

We all KNOW there are problems. Trying to assert that everyone else must have bad units because of your own bad experience is asinine. I have the exact same problem free experience as the OP, and I don't believe it was because I simply got "lucky".

18. Ipadfever macrumors 6502

Ipadfever

Who cares what the screen Gods say, until you get a Display with dust,tint,dead/stuck pixels with and unsealed display then make an informative comment

19. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

"My iPad is flawed therefore everyone else's must be they just don't have the sense to know it because they are stupid or don't care" as the other poster implied, hardly qualifies as an "informative" comment. And getting a flawed iPad oneself (or even several) gives no one the "qualification" to judge anyone else's experiences.

20. Subjugator thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, it does actually.

You are correct about that. I usually charge it over night or during the day while at work. I haven't actually plugged it in and timed it. Doesn't "seem" to bad though.

This seems to be the over all feeling of this forum, which is why I posted this thread. To let people know that you can buy an iPad with no problems. Yes some have issues, unfortunately like with every product in the world there will be QC issues however most seem ok, you just only hear about the negative on the Internet.

21. seadragon Contributor

seadragon

People that win lotteries are usually pretty happy. :D

Congrats on getting a good one. :)

22. blow45 macrumors 68000

it's a rear reference quality display that is bs. It's a great display in terms of pixel density, and a first in class for this size, but in terms of contrasts, uniformity etc. etc and all the major and minor points pros use to quantify display quality it's no where near reference, there are a few million panels out there that are better. Also the desktop space you mention is wrong because hidpi screens with the expection of an ibm one 7-8 years ago that cost an arm and a leg don't yet have such hidpi and the gfx are slowly getting there to support them. The smaller the screen the easier to pack more pixels in and drive them, hence even before the iphone there were 3 inch (but iphone was the first 3.5 inch one) screens that were retinas. So it's pointless to compare this characteristic to the desktop monitors, that will get there later (sharp btw are claiming to have the first 27-32 hidpi screens out and also they have a 10" panel no out yet that trumbles the ipad with 350 ppi...maybe we ll see the former in the apple tv set...you heard it here first...)

Anyway in terms of desktop screens the real reference colours and constrasts are there, the ipad isn't reference at all, it's just a half decent panel in all around display characteristics but with one first in class feature the pixel density.

23. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

Lol the iPad 3 screen qc is the lottery. It's sad that we are getting conditioned to think that we won the lottery with a quality screen when it should be expected. :(

24. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

Yeah, but I think it's the complainers trying to discourage others that's as much responsible for that feeling as the actual QC of the device.

25. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

I see your point. However I empathisize w those w a bad screen. I got lucky on my replacement. I would have never been happy w a pink screen it was so distracting.