Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joshwithachance

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 11, 2009
On my space gray Plus anyway... Really stunning in person.
Feels so good in the hand too!

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

stevo8

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2007
Looked good in the store but under a lot of different lighting sources it looked pink so I returned it for the black leather case.

Samuelmorgan

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2014
Seattle, WA
I went with the red leather on my space grey 5s and I'm definitely continuing the tradition with my iPhone 6+ (on preorder). Love the way it looked new and also after long time use.

It gets a really pretty patina after wear and tear.
Also, goes to an amazing cause. (Product)

nylon

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2004
I had the red leather on my 5S and it quickly became worn and discoloured (blackened) especially on the edges. Looks great when you first buy it though.

xfusejc

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2006
On the Space Gray, the red looks gorgeous.

On the white frontal plates (Silver & Gold) it's not as beautiful.

Uccle

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2012
I'm debating between navy and red. the pictures I'm seeing look more orange than a deep red, though. I don't like that so much.

I liked mine but it was a little orange---definately not a deep rich red. I say was because I returned it, not because it was too orange, but because the silicone version was a little grippier and I liked using it more. The leather is very nice looking in general tho'.

JawneeWin

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2013
I'm debating between navy and red. the pictures I'm seeing look more orange than a deep red, though. I don't like that so much.

I got the midnight blue. I thought I would regret it because some of the pictures I've seen online makes it look so dark that it's almost black. I was impressed once I actually got in in person though. I was also surprised of how slim the case was because for some reason, I was expecting a bulky case.

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012
i like there red usually but it looks too pink to me

u maybe colorblind to a degree. This is not an insult, or joke or anything. I'd advise you get that checked out. Again, I am not trying to crack a joke or anything similar.

JawneeWin

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2013
u maybe colorblind to a degree. This is not an insult, or joke or anything. I'd advise you get that checked out. Again, I am not trying to crack a joke or anything similar.

Yeah... the case is a really pronounced red... Like... red red. lol

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
again, I wasn't trying to offend. I hope you really contact an optometrist tomorrow to rule out any color seeing difficulties
Lol don't flatter yourself offended by you? Shouldn't you be making some more BS threads for the Wasteland? It's kind of lonely in there tonight, kiddo.

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012
Lol don't flatter yourself offended by you? Shouldn't you be making some more BS threads for the Wasteland? It's kind of lonely in there tonight, kiddo.

Not sure why you are taking this tone with me. You've made an observation thats indicative of what colorblind people experience. Other helpful members in this thread are agreeing with me also.

I still firmly suggest you see an optometrist to rule out colorblindness. You may attempt to insult me all you'd like, but I am more concerned for your eyes.

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
I liked mine but it was a little orange---definately not a deep rich red. I say was because I returned it, not because it was too orange, but because the silicone version was a little grippier and I liked using it more. The leather is very nice looking in general tho'.
I got the midnight blue. I thought I would regret it because some of the pictures I've seen online makes it look so dark that it's almost black. I was impressed once I actually got in in person though. I was also surprised of how slim the case was because for some reason, I was expecting a bulky case.

Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll go with the navy.

Samuelmorgan

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2014
Seattle, WA
Meanwhile, we're spending a significant amount of money on the new, great device and this case benefits an awesome charity. That's reason enough to buy (product) red.

MarcoCapa

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2013
On my space gray Plus anyway... Really stunning in person.
Feels so good in the hand too!

Thank you!
I was waiting for this combo ( my desired one) pics!
I hope you will update the topic with some pics in one or two weeks, because i want to know if it wears like the 5s' one....
P.S. Can you make other pics in sunlight?:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.