Loving White iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by shadrap, Mar 14, 2011.

1. shadrap macrumors 6502

I wasn't able to get an iPad on Friday due to other obligations. So Sunday I had some free time and started scouring Craigslist. I found a white 64GB model that the guy wanted very close to cost for. I decided to go with it. I had all intentions of buying a black one, everything else I have is black. Black iPad 1, MacBook Pro with black cover, and black iPhone 4.

I must say, I am in love with the white. It took a little time to grow on me, but something about it is cool looking. I have not noticed any visual problems like others have mentioned. It is just as easy to view as my iPad 1. So, if any of you are considering a white iPad, go for it.

2. BJB Productions macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

Thanks for this... I was wondering what people were thinking. I really kinda wanted to get a white one, but was unsure. I might go for it.

3. shadrap thread starter macrumors 6502

Don't hesitate one the white. It really does look great.

4. makingmusic macrumors regular

I chickened out and returned my unopened white unit and bought the same model in black today!

5. rxtiger macrumors member

LOVE the white. Thought long and hard too, but extremely happy with the decision. :D

6. BJB Productions macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

I am a photographer and would be using it to show a lot of photos... Do you think one would look better? I personally think the white somehow makes the screen look higher in terms of resolution...but I'm just weird :p

7. delacruzjeff macrumors member

Is there a Stock?

8. Star-fire macrumors 6502

I have zero complaints about the white bezel, I don't find it distracting at all and best of all shows a lot less fingerprints.

9. dontworry macrumors 6502

dontworry

How is the white for reading? I'm wanting one to use for all my engineering textbooks and I was thinking the white would help with reading under fluorescent lights.

10. NYY FaN macrumors 6502

NYY FaN

personally, I'm not a fan of the white because it looks too much like a kindle and makes it look cheap.

11. iserian macrumors 6502

Worst case you can just return it to Craigs List -- they have a 14 day right :eek:

12. atomicbatteries macrumors 6502

I did the opposite, had a white and found it so distracting I could not bear it. returned it for a black, so much happier.

it's what I'm used to but I'm glad folks are lovin it, not for me!

13. mmoosa macrumors 6502

mmoosa

I for one like the kindle, its not exactly cheap for what it is (e-ink screen)

14. ajvizzgamer101 macrumors 65816

I hate it, it looks cheap and it is making it hard for me to get the 32GB Black iPad 2. They could have doubled the production of Black. :mad:

15. ssspinball macrumors 6502

Was not a fan of the white at all in the store.

But if you like it, that's all that matters. :)

16. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

I thought long and hard about the white, and I'm glad that I got it: I love the way that it looks both with the screen on and off. It doesn't distract me while reading, looking at photos or video. I like the black, too, but I'm glad that I got the white. Spend some time with the demo models in the store. You could get the white and return it in 14 days if you don't like it.

In the Apple store, the white looked more like a cream color, but at home and out and about, the white looks bright white.

17. J Griz 757 macrumors regular

J Griz 757

Yea, once Apple said there will be a White iPad, I knew I wanted it for some reason, as I'm usually like my electronics in black, or silver (Macbook style). And the white iPad2 does look great next to my Macbook also.

I do love the look of my iPad2 and have had no issue's either (knock on wood) so far.

18. mysterygirl macrumors regular

I am also loving the white iPad! I'm so glad I went with my gut reaction and didn't allow my mind to be changed after reading these forums. I don't find the white distracting at all. In fact, I don't notice the border at all when I'm using it--I'm too busy actually looking at the display. I'm sure some have gotten accustomed to a black border, so it's easy to get distracted by something else. So maybe being a newbie is on my side in this regard.

I also don't see how an iPad can possibly look cheap. It's so beautifully built and made. But, that's just my opinion. It's all a matter of personal preference and for me, I'm SO happy I went with my first choice.

19. sillyrabbitt macrumors 6502

+1.

However I might buy a 16 gb for the kids and it will be black so we have one of each.

20. iSingandiDance macrumors 6502a

iSingandiDance

21. gmans46 macrumors regular

i too got the white 32 wifi and love it i dont think it looks cheap at all its more of a pearly white and its outline in glass not plastic it definitely is something different and im certainly open to that.

22. cyper2002 macrumors newbie

Exactly the same here. I wanted white so bad. I got it and absolutely could not stand it. I thought it was hideous in person and very distracting. I really couldn't stand how it would look yellow under certain lighting either. I was lucky enough to exchange for black and all feels well again. Apple you can't give me so many choices, it's just so hard!

23. oclor macrumors regular

I am deeply in love with my white iPad. It's amazing and I'm so glad I chose white.

24. SonoViva macrumors 6502

SonoViva

I feel the same way! I was on the fence until I saw the demo white unit at the store. It is perfect and looks absolutely amazing with colorful homescreens.