low budget -bigger mon or newer generation?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bj097, May 28, 2016.

1. bj097 macrumors member

thinking about getting an iPhone 6 Plus or an iPhone 6S (not Plus)

what would you pick

2. ABC5S macrumors 68040

Pick the one you like, and need, not what we want or need. Go to the store, and pick both up after doing some research to see if it has what you are looking for and how it feels in your hand.

3. Devyn89 macrumors regular

Devyn89

4. iModFrenzy macrumors 6502a

iModFrenzy

6S is much better hardware wise. Faster A9 chip, more ram, better cameras,etc. I would get the 6S.

5. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Having had a 6 plus, I don't see it lasting. Dollar for dollar you're getting a much greater value out of the 6s IMO, particularly if you keep your phones for s couple of years. I honestly wouldn't keep a 6 plus if it were given to me; it's been my absolute least favorite iPhone ever.

6. bj097 thread starter macrumors member

but 6 plus is only one year older than 6s. Why 6s can last much longer than 6? Is it because its hardware is a revolution??

7. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Double the ram. Faster processor. The 6 plus was already underpowered at launch, in my opinion. Many people, myself included, were seeing lag for the most basic tasks.

If you're on a tight budget consider the SE. Same specs, internally, for the most part, as the flagship phones at a steep discount.

8. bj097 thread starter macrumors member

I don't like SE.
    What's usually the % of price drop down of an older generation iPhone when the new iPhone is released in September? (Just the pure phone without mobile service, I am not in US)

I don't know if it worths waiting for a few more months for the price drop down for iPhone 6S

Basically I am not a big fans of Apple , I only used iPhone 4S so far, but my current Android phone is ridiculous!!!!

9. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

In the US the MSRP drops by $100. Obviously the lower model with lesser storage is cheaper and therefore the price drop is a higher overall percentage. Those are US numbers.

If you don't need a phone now I don't think waiting would be a bad idea. You'll save some money for sure. Apple does have a tendency to stop carrying the higher storage capacities when a new model launches. So keep that in mind

10. bj097 thread starter macrumors member

That means 64GB iPhone 6S would be a steal when the new model is launched??
    when 's your estimated drop down of iPhone 6S 64GB?

I don't urgently need a new phone but my now's phone is very lagged and not responsive now

11. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

The price drops the day the new phone launches. As mentioned though, Apple may stop selling the higher capacities (64 and 128gb) at that point. Depends on the country.

In other words, your only option direct from Apple may be 16gb. I've heard of Applenaithorized retailers doing a lesser discount (i.e. $50) on higher capacity units. Once again, depends on the store and country.