Low cost protection (UK)

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Cutterschoice, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Cutterschoice macrumors member

I decided when i ordered my first iPad, that i wouldn't spend loads of money on cases like i did with my iPhone. I'm really picky with quality and thought it would be near impossible to keep me happy, so here is a quick summary of what i've tried so far:

SGP Crystal Clear Screen Protector (£15) - One chance and yes you guessed it i messed it up, basically threw money in the bin.

Apple Smart Cover from Argos Outlet (eBay £39.99) really nice cover, images below of the black leather one i have.

I got a bit fed up with looking for rear protection, as i'd be running back and forth to uni i knew this was a must, but didn't really want to play a premium or pay Tax as everything seems to be American bound first.

I came across a company called Out Source Direct Limited and there basically home brand range called Kolay, i was a bit worried as the back cover was £4.95 and screen covers were 6 for less than £6. But i was in a rush with no proper brand names out there.

After the trouble with the SGP iPad 2 version, here are the results from 1 of the Kolay screen protects, Apple Smart Cover and Kolay back protector, i hope it helps others.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dromi macrumors member

thanks for your post, but I don't consider this to be an any way "low cost" protection..

in total you spent £60!

the lexington cost £25 delivered from the us..

3. Cutterschoice thread starter macrumors member

I actually ordered the lexington but canceled when i heard the magnets were messed up with the new iPad, although i should have made it clearer in my post, it's more about the back + screen protectors than the smart covers, smart covers can be had for £5 on eBay, i ordered the smart cover the day i preordered the iPad knowing it would defiantly be comparable.

Hopefully others can post low cost things they managed to get, i get fed up with paying £15 for a single screen cover, or £25 for a case as you state with magnets that don't work, although i couldn't find a Lexington for £25?

4. toonarmymad macrumors newbie

5. toonarmymad macrumors newbie

6. dromi macrumors member

Oh I see..

yes $40 delivered, using the code. Unless customs charge me :eek: