Low earpiece volume, can't hear callers - iPhone 6 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by d wade, Sep 25, 2014.

1. d wade macrumors 65816

d wade

I've had my phone since launch day. I noticed right away the call volume is very low. I can barely hear the person on the other line, and forget it if there's any background noise. I haven't had this issue on any previous iPhones.

The speaker from the bottom works fine for music or putting the call on speaker phone.

Anyone else have this issue or know a solution?

2. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I had the same thing, returned for a 6 and it's better but still lower I think than my 5s. I thought I had read something about the speaker placement due to the size. But since I exchanged for the 6 I never thought about it again.

3. cpnotebook80 macrumors 6502a

Same here except I had the plastic from when I removed the phone from box still on. Lol
    Still waiting for my screen protector I ordered

4. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

Had the same issue, amazing how good my sound was when I removed the plastic!

5. badger91 macrumors regular

Same issue here and I don't have the plastic on.

6. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

Noticed it immediately during the only phone conversation I've had in 3 days since getting it (which is also another example why the Phone app is much less important than so many other features on a device this size). Wasn't sure if my volume was just set low or etc.

7. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Wasn't the plastic for me either, was very low

8. techspin macrumors 6502a

9. shaunmed macrumors regular

i had the same problem but thought it was just that i was outside when i used it

10. abe7333 macrumors member

Same here. Looks like a issue. What do you guys plan on doing? Exchange it?

11. badger91 macrumors regular

I'm considering exchanging mine for a 6 anyways so I'm not too concerned.

12. Mansu944 macrumors regular

13. d wade thread starter macrumors 65816

d wade

yes I am considering bringing it in to get looked at. Hopefully a replacement will work better.

14. Sanlitun macrumors 6502

Sanlitun

Yes I feel the volume on mine is low, and also call quality is not the best.

Callers sound like they are under water, the sort of sound I had on older mobile phones.

15. Lil-breeches macrumors newbie

This made a 100% difference. Go to Settings>General>Accessibility>Hearing>Turn on Phone noise cancellation>Slide "Adjust Audio Volume Balance" button all the way towards "R". This worked for us. Hubby and I were on our way to Apple Store first thing thing this morning to get a new iPhone. Don't have to now as the volume is great!

16. *KID* macrumors regular

Funny mine was on noise cancellation and I thought the volume was low so I turned it off and next use the call was like way too loud lol. I've since turned it back on & made some other adjustments and will see if it's low again or not. I think it's a matter of tweaking some adjustments not the phone itself.

17. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

You did turn the volume up with the side buttons right?

18. Lil-breeches macrumors newbie

Yes. Side button was at max all the time. The above steps in my previous text worked like a champ.

19. Chorx macrumors regular

My sisters 6 has an issue with loudness as well. I noticed there's a silver piece under the speaker grill. It's like the cutout for the speaker wasn't aligned properly. This is not persistent in every other 6 or 6 plus I've seen. I'm curious how many devices out there are like this.

20. bad1550 macrumors regular

This did not work for me

21. Newtons Apple, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2014

Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

The volume on my 6 is maxed out and in noisy enviroments, I still can not hear. My 5S was much louder at lower settings.

Hoping Apple will address in one of it updates!

The above did nothing to help my volume on my 6.

22. Lil-breeches macrumors newbie

Maybe this works only for the 6+. Sorry it did not work. To pay this much for a phone and have basic issues as these are ridiculus. Everyone should take their phones back to Aplple and get a new phone. We were prepared to battle at the Aaple Store this morning because i was not leaving without a new iPhone which they were going activate it for me right there on the spot to check the volume. Not working again, then cancel the contract. I don't expect to have a newly purchased iphone to be sent out for repair and that was not happening. Just give me a new 6+. Many on forums like this are not having volume issues. Did we get a bad batch? Who knows.