Low-End MacBook Pro is an Amazon Lightning Deal Today!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tardman91, Nov 26, 2009.

1. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

How low do you think it'll go? I was planning on picking up the higher-end model, but if I can get a good discount on the low-end I'll just upgrade the RAM and HD myself.

2. lilskaterpunk macrumors regular

lilskaterpunk

I was thinking the same idea. It shouldn't be hard to change the HDD and Ram. U would just loose some Ghz but if the savings are good! :)

3. steveotron macrumors member

That went quick. It wasn't even that great of a deal. I'm guessing there's little hope on snatching up the iMac that goes on sale latter today if they go that quickly.

4. tardman91 thread starter macrumors 6502a

tardman91

I couldn't get it either. Oh well. I was pissed at first, but then saw that it was only $65 off their regular price anyway. I'll just buy the 2.53ghz model now.

5. Surely Guest

Surely

I was able to get one.:D

I got it for a total of $1,049, which is $150 off of the regular retail price plus the fact that Amazon doesn't charge tax (9.75% here in CA).

I didn't technically buy it during the Lightning Sale, but after I saw that it sold out in zero seconds (it literally went from "Sale starting in...." to "Sold Out" right away), I figured it couldn't hurt to call Amazon. So I called them, did some talking, and yadda yadda yadda, got the $1,049 price.

Currently, Amazon has the MBP on sale for $1,114. Yesterday it was on sale for $1,068. I am guessing that after the holidays, it will go back up to the regular $1,199 price.

Alternatively, I could have bought it at my school store for $1,049+tax=$1,151, which is what I was planning on doing.

Now I can use that extra $100 towards a RAM upgrade...... anyone have any suggestions of where to buy?

6. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

I always get my RAM from Crucial.com... never had any issues. Fair prices as well

7. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

Newegg is nice.
    Also, isn't that the usual price on MacMall, or am I missing something?

8. Surely Guest

Surely

Is $1,049 the usual price on MacMall? No, it's not.

9. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

Ah, I see.
    At my local Fry's it's usually available for that price though.
    On MacMall, it's 1068. You really shouldn't be scoffing about 20 bucks if you're spending this much on a computer. 100 bucks, I understand.

10. Surely Guest

Surely

$1,068 is not the usual price on MacMall. It's on sale right now, just like on every other major Apple re-seller's site.

Also, Fry's regular retail price for this MBP is $1,199.

There's this thing called Black Friday going on.....

Who's scoffing over 20 bucks?:confused:

11. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

What I mean is that people on Amazon were starting threads complaining that the deal ended in less than a minute, and they weren't able to get it.

Yessir, I do know it's Black Friday.

Also, last week, when I visited two local Frys' here in the Bay Area, both of them were selling it for $1079 with a free printer, and so and so forth.

12. Surely Guest

Surely

Actually, the deal ended in zero seconds. There wasn't even an opportunity to click "Add To Cart". I figure that they had 1 or 2 at that sale price for the whole world. That is why I called Amazon, spoke with a rep, and got that price anyway.

Fry's website lists that MBP at $1,199. I doubt that it was discounted to $1,079 on a regular day. Perhaps you misread the price? Also remember, that on top of the $1,079, you would have to pay sales tax. Here in CA that would be an additional $105.

13. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

Ah, good job on the deal again. :)

I'm positive I saw the deal for $1079. I even took off my glasses and rubbed them on my shirt to make sure. And yes, the sales tax is killer. :(

14. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

Oh wow, I would have bought one. Damn that sucks that it went so fast.

15. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

And it's on sale again. $1049!!!! Gonna purchase it.

16. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    That's good they are doing it again. I couldn't understand why they would have "limited supply" unless they ran out of the computer. I'm assuming they are doing up until the end of friday?

17. Surely Guest

Surely

^^^^^ they were never out of stock on it. What the supervisor told me was that they had a limited number of units at that special price. That's why it sold out so fast- they probably had 3 at that price.

That's awesome! I'm glad others are able to get this deal too.

No wonder they decided to give it to me for that price. When I was put on hold, the supervisor I was talking to must have been given the go-ahead to give me the $1,049 price because they knew they were going to offer it at that price come midnight.

18. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

Just bought it and added Saturday delivery for $6.99 extra

Can't wait! :D

19. Surely Guest

Surely

This Saturday or next Saturday?

20. tardman91 thread starter macrumors 6502a

tardman91

21. pickups macrumors newbie

I ordered one today with free shipping says it wont even ship till dec 2 then 5-9 days after that:( didnt see anything about 6.99 shipping. guess ill have a long wait.

22. Surely Guest

Surely

I don't think there is $6.99 shipping. I think he meant that he paid $6.99 more than he was already paying for shipping to have Saturday delivery. I could be wrong though.........

23. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

24. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu