low end or high end mbp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Wallace86, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Wallace86 macrumors regular

i havent decided on a major yet, so i dont know exactly what uses / applications i'll be using my mbp for....i play games on my 360, although i would lavish the option of being able to play fps games on it if i decide 2....although games arent really that big of a deal. what do u guys think? i would hate 2 pay 2 grand for a notebook and not be able to do something on it. maybe they will make the low end ones alot better with 256 graphics cards at mwsf...and 512s on the high ends. thouhgts?

2. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

That's what I'm hoping, because it'll leave room for a 13" MBP with a 128mb GPU :p

3. wallaby macrumors 6502

wallaby

If you're just starting at college, then don't buy a computer until you've decided you definitely need one for something. Computer labs are an option in the meantime.

If you plan on playing games, I have the low-end MBP (2.2Ghz, 128mb Graphics card) and it plays HL2 and Battlefield 2142 just fine with no hiccups. Higher-end games are obviously going to benefit from a 256mb graphics card, but if you're buying a laptop, why is gaming a priority anyway? If you want to play FPS games, keep with your 360 or buy a desktop PC. Laptops are for mobility.