Low FPS on WotLK

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Vendele197, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Vendele197 macrumors newbie

I'm currently running WotLK on my Macbook (2.4 GHz, 2GB 667 MHz RAM, GMA X3100) and am experiencing horribly low framerates. I'm unable to check my video settings (resolution, refresh rate, etc.) at the moment since I'm at work, but I do run with all my effects turned all the way down. Despite running at minimum settings, I rarely get above 10fps in cities and 10 man raids. 25s are absolutely painful. Is there anything I can do to increase my fps? I tried upgrading my internet speed (went from 6mbps to 16) but as far as I can tell, all that did was increase my minimum viewing distance.

2. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

About the only thing you can do is buy a new computer. ;) The X3100 isn't that great as a GPU.

3. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

Or you could quit WoW altogether while you still can ;)

On a more serious note, try installing the game on Windows.

4. Cboss macrumors 6502

I have the same laptop except 2.2 GHz and 4 GB RAM. I'm only level 50 (noob, I know) but I get about 10 fps with medium settings in Stormwind. Not sure how this compares to other, higher level places. You might try turning down the resolution of the screen. I've never tried it myself but hear it can help a lot.

5. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

The FPS will vary depending on what WoW you are playing.

Original WoW > tBC > WotLK

When your level 50 reaches level 70 and you start WotLK, you will notice worse FPS.

6. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

thread-jack as I'm even more noob, how does the 9400m hold up in WotLK? I'm only 16 LOL so I got awhiles to go. but I'm on ultra settings in WoW vanilla no problems at all =D

7. Cabbit macrumors 68020

Cabbit

The 3100 seems to have had a really poor showing with Warcraft with the GMA 950 running circles around it. I believe it is down to a driver issue, that is the only thing i can think of.

8. Stoick macrumors newbie

Definitely give this a go, back when I had a macbook with a GMA 950 I got about 5-10 more fps while playing WoW under Windows XP than I did OS X.