Low Humming from RMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Aragorn234, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Aragorn234 macrumors member

I have tried apple support but having difficulties getting a response
    First logged a call back at 09:00AM got the call but didn't have access to machine. They tried to book a call back but system was down.
    I have not been able to get logged on for a couple of days to book another call back. Got on at about 19:00 last night, booked a call for 22:15 but that call never came. System seems offline again.

My ISSUE
    When the machine is running there is a low level hum emitting from system. My searching points to an inverter issue with the screen. Should I just book a genius appointment or do I need to go through the online support.

Has not been a famous easy apple process yet.

2. BlazednSleepy macrumors 6502a

It's obvious you need to take it to a genius. They will take care of you.

3. gokart mozart macrumors 6502

Describe the humming. Are you sure it is not the new fan cooling system? Also, I prefer going to Apple in person over the online service. Especially if you have Apple Care, because if there is something wrong, it'll get recognized and addressed faster.

4. Aragorn234 thread starter macrumors member

Pretty sure its not the fan that is causing the hum.
    Hard to explain, I am also concerned that it may not be able to be heard in a loud Apple store.
    Runniing it tonight to see if I can get it replicated and how long it will take to become evident