low initial storage on new ipod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TDHXXX, Mar 7, 2011.

1. TDHXXX macrumors regular

Hey there,

I just got a new iPod Touch 8GB in the mail, I have around 7GB of music in my library, but the actual space on it is ~6GB, i know that they are always a little less than the actual space on the box, but being almost 25% seems a little far, do you think I should contact Apple about it?

2. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

It sounds about right - my 32GB iPhone only has 29.1GB available on it. I think it's partly down to differences between GiB and GB and partly due to the fact that the operating system takes up some space on the device, leaving less than the expected space for storing your stuff

3. shigzeo macrumors 6502a

shigzeo

I have a large catalogue of music, something no iPod could hold. But, if I was concerned about swapping out music a lot, I'd get something other than the iPod touch. How bout a classic? The touch is too large and too blingy if it isn't to be used for what it does best: everything.

For music only, I'd much prefer a tiny nano instead.

4. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

If you think that is bad, stay far far away from the new Creative Zen Touch 2 android player. With 8gb claimed it only shoes 4.1gb available. I confirmed that with tech support. Their web site is VERY misleading.