low on memory ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by semin28, Dec 17, 2008.

1. semin28 macrumors regular

Well I just downloaded this game called snowball runner but Im having a problem. Sometimes when I load the app it Saids I'm low on memory or something like that . So restart and everything is good but it will happen again later. I can't be low on memory bc it saids I still have like 12 gb outta 16 gb on iTunes . It also does this when I open the beatmaker app. So why ? Could I be low on memory bc I just added 2 new apps?

2. reigaido macrumors newbie

try force-quit

Hi semin28,

I believe the memory issue is not your storage but the device's RAM (main memory), which is a known issue for the itouch/iphone (see http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2008/08/21/how-to-free-up-resources-on-your-iphone-with-force-quit/)

Your best bet is to open up the app, then press and hold the home button for 5 seconds until the main menu appears. You should also open other apps such as Safari/Mail/AppStore and do the same thing, this will release resources used on your device and make things a bit more stable overall.

reigaido

3. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

this is actually a great idea. completely quitting an app does save considerable ram than just pressing the home button. Or a fresh re-boot once or twice a day to flush things out doesn't go a miss :)